mtbr member

Problem with Turner Bikes

Please keep in mind this is only one person/turtle's opinion. As a slow rider, I've suffered greatly as a result of riding a Turner 6-Pack and Spot. I've suffered because every time I go for a ride the bike makes me go faster and whenever I go on a ride, I get home late because once I start I hate to stop riding-I always stay gone for longer than planned.

A new problem that popped up is due to the excellent customer service of Turnerbikes and that person you call DT. He sent me a set of 5 inch rockers for my bike and caused me much discomfort; the ride quality of the 5-Pack is awesome, at the same time so is the 6-Pack. I'm now spending way too much time thinking about which way I want to ride my bike.

Another problem with a Turner is the ride quality; it's superb, ballance is amazing and after a ride I can't quite smiling for days; this is causing me problems too because I'm in a very serious business; I've been getting some really strange looks from my co-workers . Additionally, after a day or two of funfilled riding, I do not want to go back to work; I'm now on probation for missing too many days. I wonder if anyone else is having similar problems as a result of riding a Turner
    turtle

No, that's not phonetic
    Wait till you have 3 of 'em in the garage, or more. Then the trouble really starts.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

thats right living legend
    Ya know reading post's like this makes me really put my little work, stress, life related problems into perspective... It seems there are actually people with "real" problems in this world. Thanks for making me see that...

mtbr member
    I wish you a life time of continued misery.

banned
    waaaa...life is so tough.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    You forgot predictable too. I took my Spot out on its maiden voyage today and the darn thing was everything I thought it would be!
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

grumpy northerner
    Mar 2004
    I have to say I was disappointed in my 6-Pack. After reading all the threads on this forum I decided to buy one, based on the excellent feedback and glowing ride reports, etc.

When I got to build mine up and took it out for it's first ride, I found it completely failed to not live up to my high expectations. Should have bought an Ellsworth...

I've found the customer service a little lacking too - I haven't had to use it AT ALL so far. What's that all about?
    I haven't fallen off, I'm just having a rest.

mtbr member
    hey Wills, would you care to elaborate on why you wern't happy with the 6-pack, I think you are just about the only person I've ever heard of that wasn't happy with the bike
    turtle

banned

Extreme sarcasm thread

I was unhappy with Turner as well. I called when I had a problem with my frame. The amazing thing was David apologized to me instead of talking **** and telling me I couldn't take safety breaks with it. The craziest part was the whole office was already on the job at 9:15 am PST when I called, in response to my email. Crazy. Then David outlined where I should go with this and I was off the phone at 9:23 PST. Then the worst part was receiving my replacement 48 hours later to the hour.

If this is service, I think Turner has a lot to learn.
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 03-12-2006 at 06:51 PM.

grumpy northerner
    Mar 2004
    I think the root of the problem is that I got the HL version, rather than TNT. Not only am I immediately labelled a poseur and a snob (as standard, having bought a Turner in the first place) I also have the dreaded eternal association with the character known as Bearded Tony to contend with. If only I'd waited and got the Tony Neutralising Technology version instead.
    I haven't fallen off, I'm just having a rest.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wils
    If only I'd waited and got the Tony Neutralising Technology version instead.
    Nice. It shall be known from here on as that....
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    my problems with turners are far reaching. the 1st is i need 2 more.... for now. damn this is gettin expensive. another is i cant seem to spec them with crap so it gets more expensive. then i see a new model that i think is cool so i need that one or a old model i always wanted but never got so i need that one. more money spent. and my calls to dt last a hour or more burnin up my cell time talkin bout bikes, tuna fishing, books and friends takin up all my valuable time. oh, and the calls with folks ive met here, the time typin here and the beers shared with folks ive met here all contribute to not gettin things done around the house. when dan b stopped over last thurs he ended up leavin with a good portion of my kiltlifter stash i just brought home the week before, the bass-terd, costin me about $350 if ya base it off of the trip cost to beer on hand ratio. lets not forget the oct moab trip thats gonna cost me a fortune in travel expences and more kiltlifter for the troops. this all sux and i need to stop hangin around this joint. yer killin me and its all turners fault. i shoulda bought a pro flex.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers

Read it again, Turtle-slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    hey Wills, would you care to elaborate on why you wern't happy with the 6-pack, I think you are just about the only person I've ever heard of that wasn't happy with the bike
    turtle
    That was very tounge in cheek T...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills
    I found it completely failed to [SIZE=4]not [/SIZE]live up to my high expectations. Should have bought an Ellsworth...
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    yes you must be suffering too-just look at the hours and hours you're spending on that new ride-I tell ya their downright demanding.

Lay off the Levers

The Problem is...

Their customer service is going to draw a lot of complaints...from the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes (On a Sunday evening)
    The only part of XTR that is gaining weight for 07 is the caliper. Tech mentioned that in order to improve braking...(helpful advice deleted)...
    DT
    Faster is better, even when it's not.