Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Silence and Thunder...

The problem with CF...

...is not that he posts troll scat here. The problem is that ANYONE replies!

CF, I know you thrive on the attention you get here, but this will be absolutely the last from me.
    To kinda repeat Cheezy, in my own words: I don't hate CF, but I don't like him either. I DON'T KNOW HIM, and don't care to. I've never read all the way thru one of his posts, because I've got better ways to waste my time.

Guess I'll have to learn how that 'ignore' button works...
    ...every day sends future to past...

banned
    I'm sure a fifth thread devoted to him won't feed the attention he thrives on.

trail fairy
    OK Im gonna bite on this one Ive viewed and ignored the others so this is my last on _ _ until I see (I doubt) some consistent value coming from _ _ to gain some cred (note not regain)!

1: _ _ blasts on here with all glory and proclomation of super man status and awesome custom build

-ok nearly bought it and it was sotra funny the homies had our genuine fun with it and _ _ brought & added some character

2: _ _ blasts outta here hating what was the best build and best handling most awesome bike on the planet that has suddenly become a hated object in his mind

- ok we dug that and were all big enough to handle it not everything is for everyone

3: but NO _ _ buys a Intense 6.6 tries to sell his **** to Homers to fund such said Intense 6.6 only to again rant and rave how he hated the best custom built bike on the planet

- _ _ has raved about this new 6.6 on the intense forum and here promising said pics, I can't find pics and as the Cheese has showed its already on e-bay for sale

4: _ _ turns back up on the Homie board raving I got one word for ya Nicolai who gives a rats arse we are Turner Homies if we want to see Nicolai's we all know where to go and find em, they were a nice bike and one of my best buddies is building one, now I feel for Nicolai

- Nicolai will be the next to turn up on the _ _ dung heap

5: and this is what got me most to then come back on the Turner board through a gutless medium using Dbikes and for them to have the arrogance to post this in and on only the Turner forum is just the lowest, even in the wars of all wars between Ellsworth and Turner can I not remmeber something this low.

- Its a slap to the Homies, esspecially DT who should be left outta this and his bikes, a slap at Intense and soon others to follow, and for these guys to promote this behaviour as professional/sponsor semi or not says allot about how they handle themselves if I had any sponsorship with them and theyre lucky I don't I'd pull it imeadiately, just because ya go big and think ya cool does not promote the right image for the long term good of mtb or its industry, I find no cred here or class (and I don't mean how big yr purse is) its how ya conduct yr business, you may be a club but your online and you promote, yr bad

6: then to say where OTT wow what planet are these guys from

- I'll be the first to give forgiveness if thats what people seek, but prove youre contribution first, I see no evidence forth coming.

Yes the Homies and me included can dish it we do so in our own way of whats acceptable within the communtiy sometimes it can get heated but generally its a twisted humor thats meant to be light hearted and fun and is the main reason this board (look at the views it gets compared to an other) has its personality its diverse and has a unique culture which is great to be part of, earn the right to be part of it and you will be welcome again until then be gone _ _ unspoken name and take the troll bait with you come back when ya have dumped that shiat where it belongs.

7:
    Looks like the DB thread has been deleted from the Homie board well done that sort of SPAM is not doing anyone any good first decent act since this crap has started
    the basics have been explained by others on how to post on related stuff on another manafactures boards show some respect, if ya have some beef let it away but don't bring yr new crap on here expecting respect and Homerville to bow down and pay homage we eat our own young on that light hearted note

ta threaded out on _ _
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    OK Im gonna bite on this one Ive viewed and ignored the others
    It just clicked for me.

You're his twin, seperated by a big ocean.

Silence and Thunder...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    It just clicked for me.

Funny.....I can't read all the way thru his posts either!
    ...every day sends future to past...

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    It just clicked for me.

Pete's back ya'll....... Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll disagree on something soon, but it's good to see ya back lately.

EB

Lay off the Levers
    I said I was done but was holding back to think it over before I posted. (Something rare around here lately) Here's my last word on this and will post no more about it.

I personally don't think a POOPYHEAD award is even a remotely sufficient response to someone who creates YET ANOTHER CF thread.

Please stop this crap NOW. This place has become his personal pi$$ing pot, and every time a new thread about CF/DBikes, or "we luv youze CF, pleze bee R phrend" we end up getting hosed as geeks and non-riders by someone who by his own admission does not even fix his own flats.

His lexicon makes my eyeballs want to explode, and I suspect if he actually tried to read his own mega-paragraphs, word for word, he'd feel the same. You don't have to be a computer geek to realize whatever you type is all others have, to understand what you're trying to say and all others have to get an idea what you as a person are about.

The rampant disrespect for the products, persons and content of this forum is beyond the worst of trolling BECAUSE the frequent pumping of DBikes w/o either CF or DBikes posting content of value, is just farming for web-hits to finance the free swag their sponsors are springing for. And I gotta say I'm so put off by this, it's gonna effect my decisions to buy those products. I'm tempted to send the sponsors links to this crap. but I won't because I have more basic respect for DBikes and CF's Gig than they have shown for Turner, this forum or the ppl in it.

I'm inclined to agree with CC TA & TS. CF has plenty of alternatives to post about his quarterly bike replacements, he didn't post about his Nicolai it in the Intense forum even though the bike was replacing the Intense he touted as the end-all-be-all for his needs, and put up for sale after ~3 rides. He came here because he gets more response. PERIOD.

CF it's your [SIZE=2]prerogative [/SIZE]to like or dislike whatever you wish. It's a common [SIZE=2]misconception [/SIZE]that this open forum is a public forum. It's not. MTBR is a private business run by some excellent people who bust their arse to create a professional, entertaining and informative place for us to get our stoke on between rides. We ALL are passionate about bikes and riding, that's why we're here, and that's why it works.

A lot of us show our appreciation by giving back... and it takes effort and time to do it.

Any jackass can brain-fart on their keyboard. If that's all a post/thread is going to be, then take it elsewhere.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 11-14-2006 at 07:22 AM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Any jackass can brain-fart on their keyboard. If that's all a post/thread is going to be, then take it to...Ridemonkey...
    ....hey! I can't believe you just lumped RM into a genre the likes of MTBR: DH/FR & Pinkbike
    Well, OK....I guess it's not the RM of old...
    [digressing]back in the day, this board couldn't hold a candle to Ridemonkey. With many (now well known and established) riders/ designers/ manufacturers.....ahh, the good 'ol days [/digressing]

...carry on

Lay off the Levers
    My bad, that was careless... I'll change that to "elsewhere"

Nothing here
    Hey if everyone just put him on the ignore list then y'all won't have to liten to him troll. The world will be a better place.

Bite Me.
    Get It?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Up until this point I think I have been pretty tolerant of CF (because of the laugh factor). But after close to 200 posts, he has yet to say anything intellegent about any of the bikes he has owned, rode tested. He could actually contribute in this way.

At this point I've pretty much given up on hearing anything, but another rant about yet another bike. I think this time we got bored faster him.

Baked Alaskan
    CF is like another Homer that likes the attention like Davide. As retarded as his posts are, they certainly spark a lot of conversation - more than most Homer handjob threads.

Unfortunately as others pointed out - his threads really contribute nothing to the community, so after awhile they go from funny and "out there" to just plain stupid. I think we've reached that breaking point - especially with the rash of attackes on many of the board's regulars.

Some clown crap is one thing, but he's really gone off the deep end. He's become my first ignore.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    May 2006

Just Been Observing

I just been observing what has been going on with CF post and everybody reaction.Everybody on this forum has created this! You can blame CF for somethings but you all have to take responsibility for your actions to.One week you have him for president and having tributes for him then you want him banned off the forum.I will give you that he has stirred things up in not a good way but he has been baited .I think he is a little misunderstood .The turner forum is not the easiest place to be or put post in.There are some people that can try to be intimating that not right. People come here for advice and questions and the board somtimes thinks it is spam and it isn,t. I think that if everybody is so sick of cf don,t read his post but i know that the views will be up there and that is sending the wrong message. One more thing i don,t think DBIKES was looking for hits he was just doing what someone ask to do and he did it. Don,t hang him out to dry for that it is not right.I hope this will not be taken the wrong way just thought someone from the outside view and look at the whole picture. RIDE HARD!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    cig,

ive read what ya said and considered it well. well enough to say this due to its potential impact on new visitors to this forum, not to rehash old news as i promised i would not do. i do agree with 2 things so its not a total loss. there are folks in here that dont always make a new guy or gal feel welcome and that sux. i hope you werent one of those folks. at times its misunderstood and one of us is just pokin fun. gawd knows i have a dry sense of humor thats not always taken as intended and that can get me in trouble too.

all in all its a fun community here but we do have our quirks and shortcommings as any community does. we also have a strong tendancy to stand up tall when we see disrespect or mis use of the forum and thats the unfortunate truth of the whole fred and dbikes fiasco. true, some raised the big red fred flag on high and sung his anthem but dont ask me why. i suppose he was exciting at first and became a quick icon. but icons fall faster than a dead tree in a hard wind when its found out their roots are not firmly planted in the soil of the sport they claim to love. that can go as far as how they treat the folks involved as well.

i see you have a low post count. that may or may not explain why yer not as fast to understand the position of the majority here. no worries man. feel free to hang out, get to know us and our sometimes stupid ways. and dont forget to conform to them all. theres that dry humor of mine again. forgive me.

now... can we be done with this whole mess and move the hell on?
    No, I'm NOT back!

long standing member
    Ncig, some good points there. I certainly will not speak for anyone else on this forum, but I've got a few thoughts on your thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by ncig
    CF is misunderstood
    That may be true. If it is, it's mostly his own doing. Expressing himself on the internet is not his strong suit (by his own admission). It's very difficult to follow his posts, and he has stated that he doesn't care to change this. No big deal, he just shouldn't hope to be understood.

Also, he seems to have a little internet-reading-comprehension problem himself. He takes every minimally negative comment about him as a severe personal insult and generally over-reacts verbally with copious insults hurled back at the OP and anyone else within earshot. Given his internet reactions, in real-life one might expect him to flip-out at the slightest provocation, and start throwing punches. Maybe this isn't true (I hope not), but that's the impression one could get.

One week you have him for president and having tributes for him...
    I posted a tribute...it was tongue in cheek. It was a collection of CF's quotes: insults, ironies, etc. Whether one should be laughing with him or at him...you decide.

The turner forum is not the easiest place to be or put post in.There are some people that can try to be intimating that not right. People come here for advice and questions and the board somtimes thinks it is spam and it isn,t. I think that if everybody is so sick of cf don,t read his post but i know that the views will be up there and that is sending the wrong message.
    I agree with some of your points about the Turner forum, also, but like CC said, it takes time to understand everything that's going on and individual personalities. I definitely don't have a full grasp on all that. The Turner forum (as a whole) knows what it likes and doesn't like. If someone comes in a bucks that trend, they're gonna get smacked down. They've got to be able to deal with that.

If I had to, I'd guess that in reality Fred's probably a pretty good guy. That's not something one can acertain from his internet persona. But he's been on the MTB scene for a while, seems like he's got a crew that digs him, and he's got enough positive personality (and riding skills) to obtain some sponsorship. He seems to have a bit of an "east coast attitude", but being from the east coast myself, I can relate.

I for one hope he sticks around in some capacity, quits with the mean-spirited posts and contributes some good bike information. After all, he certainly tries out a lot of different models, it would be great to get some solid feedback on the ride of each. As for the Turner board in general, I think they're done with him (some people have been done with him for a while now). We'll see, I guess.

Custom User Title
    I agree. This is me not replying to this thread.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    ...He seems to have a bit of an "east coast attitude", but being from the east coast myself, I can relate...
    WTF???
    There's no such thing as an focking East Coast attitude BUTTWIPE!

Ieeee luv neeewwww yooooorrrrkkkkk
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 11-14-2006 at 06:53 PM.

mtbr member

Because of PCinSC and Bikezilla

I just have to try and I do mean try to respond to this mess somehow. PCinSc I want to thank you for what some to be a fair and truthful out look on this whole big mess(with has got me more upset than my words will ever be able to express)Having read what you posted It lef me in a very uncomfortable state. I never had any clue that I was taken by the people on this forum in the maner that you say.(other than the big mouth stuff)You said a lot of things,mostly that I was not as much of a monster than this whole thing would have you belive. On the other hand Bikezilla I must tell you you really have me pegged all wrong and that is something that does and will bother me more than anything else.I understand how and why you have come to think and feel how you do. But aside from what or how I've come across,you really do have me pegged wrong.And I know that I would need to put some of these words into action,and to be truthful I'd really like a chance to do just that.You said my roots were not that deep,and I must tell you that you a way wrong. I know I'm not saying what I want to cause I really just can't get it out in the way I need to. But If I had a chance to do this all over I would have done things differant only cause I see know most people took me the wrong way.I am a very weel like person in my area,and pretty much where ever I go.I do come off very ridged and In most cases are always judged the wrong way.I didn't post on the Intense forum about the Nicolai not because I need attention because like I said this was my forum(so I thought)meaning this is were I thought I could talk about anuthing,and It was you guys I want to share that stuff with.The 6-pack (AGAIN) was just not for me at that time.and I also at one time said It could of been more of a mind set thing. The 6.6 was great if not for the Nicolai being that un-beliveable I'd still be on that bike.I'm really just want people to understand that ok I have a big mouth but be-hind that big mouth is a way big paission for bikes and to be accepted.I know that I fly off the handle real easy and for that I'very sorry its one of my biggest defects. Again all and all I never saw this getting to this point and maybe there is no un doing all of this,If that's the case than so be it. But understand that It would be so not what I wanted.I guess maybe that haveing read how most people feel,I am asking to be forgiven and another chance to add and be a part of this or any bike forum(in a little more of a toned down way) is what I'd like. This leaves the door wide open for people to think this is a weak moment and to really attack me.If that's what you need to do so be it. I' really sorry for one thing the most,that most of you really put a un true and un fair label on me.All and all I was never in this for hits or attention just wanted to be a part of somthing,and as always sometimes I don't play well with others.I tryed to make some sence here,Don't know that I did.As alway PEACE FRED.

rr
    I don't do PC
    I liked you better when you were telling the homers to go f*** themselves, personally I think your just crazy, which you've straight up admitted. This is just the friggin internet BTW folks.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    [SIZE="5"]What a bunch of friggin' hens!!!![/SIZE]
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    I just have to try and I do mean try to respond to this mess somehow. PCinSc I want to thank you for what some to be a fair and truthful out look on this whole big mess(with has got me more upset than my words will ever be able to express)Having read what you posted It lef me in a very uncomfortable state. I never had any clue that I was taken by the people on this forum in the maner that you say.(other than the big mouth stuff)You said a lot of things,mostly that I was not as much of a monster than this whole thing would have you belive. On the other hand Bikezilla I must tell you you really have me pegged all wrong and that is something that does and will bother me more than anything else.I understand how and why you have come to think and feel how you do. But aside from what or how I've come across,you really do have me pegged wrong.And I know that I would need to put some of these words into action,and to be truthful I'd really like a chance to do just that.You said my roots were not that deep,and I must tell you that you a way wrong. I know I'm not saying what I want to cause I really just can't get it out in the way I need to. But If I had a chance to do this all over I would have done things differant only cause I see know most people took me the wrong way.I am a very weel like person in my area,and pretty much where ever I go.I do come off very ridged and In most cases are always judged the wrong way.I didn't post on the Intense forum about the Nicolai not because I need attention because like I said this was my forum(so I thought)meaning this is were I thought I could talk about anuthing,and It was you guys I want to share that stuff with.The 6-pack (AGAIN) was just not for me at that time.and I also at one time said It could of been more of a mind set thing. The 6.6 was great if not for the Nicolai being that un-beliveable I'd still be on that bike.I'm really just want people to understand that ok I have a big mouth but be-hind that big mouth is a way big paission for bikes and to be accepted.I know that I fly off the handle real easy and for that I'very sorry its one of my biggest defects. Again all and all I never saw this getting to this point and maybe there is no un doing all of this,If that's the case than so be it. But understand that It would be so not what I wanted.I guess maybe that haveing read how most people feel,I am asking to be forgiven and another chance to add and be a part of this or any bike forum(in a little more of a toned down way) is what I'd like. This leaves the door wide open for people to think this is a weak moment and to really attack me.If that's what you need to do so be it. I' really sorry for one thing the most,that most of you really put a un true and un fair label on me.All and all I was never in this for hits or attention just wanted to be a part of somthing,and as always sometimes I don't play well with others.I tryed to make some sence here,Don't know that I did.As alway PEACE FRED.

This is an example of #7

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheezy
    Screw him. It is just a stupid cycle.

1) Fred shows up being Fred.
    2) We respond by being ourselves.
    3) Fred freaks.
    4) We wonder what the problem is.
    5) Fred freaks harder.
    6) We tell him to take his attitude elsewhere.
    7) Fred apologizes for being such an e-weenie.
    8) We say, "yeah, whatever. Yer ok."
    9) See #1.
    Life....the original terminal illness

Roy
    mtbr member
    Fred: yeah, whatever. Yer ok.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    This is just the friggin internet BTW folks.
    Well said Rick. None of this is really real. I can't believe how worked up folks have gotten over this.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    [SIZE="5"]What a bunch of friggin' hens!!!![/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast