Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Price drops on the horizon?

A few months ago I decided to pull the trigger on a new 5-spot. I'm getting the frame from CRC as I live in EU. I waited til now for some end of summer deals but so far, nothing.
    Now I could as well put an end to the wait, but I would hate to empty the wallet the week before a substantial price drop.

Do you feel like prices are going to change any time soon with 2013 models coming soon (soon?)? Does anybody remember what happened the last few years?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Savings to be had

We will be selling off the demo fleet, including 5 Spots after the Moab Outerbike demo.
    Grab a plane ticket and get over here for some great riding and take home a lightly used bike!
    DT

PS, we will bring all the trail bikes we can to Moab. I know that the event is growing and riders are upset with the amount of hard to find brands like Turner Bikes etc etc. Our trailer will only fit so many, but we will get a bunch of moving blankets and tighten them up!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    We will be selling off the demo fleet, including 5 Spots after the Moab Outerbike demo.
    Grab a plane ticket and get over here for some great riding and take home a lightly used bike!
    DT

PS, we will bring all the trail bikes we can to Moab. I know that the event is growing and riders are upset with the amount of hard to find brands like Turner Bikes etc etc. Our trailer will only fit so many, but we will get a bunch of moving blankets and tighten them up!
    Have not seen any EuroBike or InterBike coverage of Turner is there anything new? I know there was a lot last year so I don't really expect anything new but its nice to see Turner coverage regardless.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    DT

Any 2012 closeouts this year? I wasn't ready for your 4th of July sale. My 08 Flux needs a new 5-Spot for company..... The black ano, curved bottom tube and 142 rear axle pushed me over the edge. I'm going all SS or Turner, everything else is for sale, check the mtbr classifieds.

mtbr member
    Looks like the Flux's have just gone on sale....

2012 Bikes : 2012 Turner Flux *ON SALE WHILE THEY LAST*

Cheers

Buzz

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Very good incentive to get over to Moab this weekend. Will you have a L or XL Sultan in green @ Outerbike?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

green

Not sure if we have a big Sultan in green, but we have big Sultans, all the way up to XXL!
    And we will have ano green for your viewing pleasure.

No Flux's as we are stopping production of that model. There is just not enough demand, we have less than 20 in the warehouse and that is that.

DT

My cup runneth over
    No Flux's as we are stopping production of that model. There is just not enough demand, we have less than 20 in the warehouse and that is that.

DT
    Wow! Tough call, business first though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sad to see the Flux go. Great bike. Would love to see an XC race option from Turner. Love the look of the Burner, but a bit too much travel, and too slack, for a bike that would see a bit of XC racing. But I guess the rumor is that there is a XC 29er coming. But I'm still diggin' the smaller wheels (I do ride both).

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    Sad to see the Flux go. Great bike. Would love to see an XC race option from Turner. Love the look of the Burner, but a bit too much travel, and too slack, for a bike that would see a bit of XC racing. But I guess the rumor is that there is a XC 29er coming. But I'm still diggin' the smaller wheels (I do ride both).
    Yeah, Turner officially has nothing for my XC terrain now. Sure, a light-build 5-Spot or Burner could be ridden and I could stand to lose the 4 or 5lbs difference from my gut and blah, blah, blah.
    Personally, I have no interest in a carbon 29er. I realize that I don't speak for the majority or XC riders.
    I guess the good news is that they will probably be found for cheap in a few months. It would be cool for Turner to make a 650-compatible rear end for the Flux. I'd be in on that.
    -Carlos

Flux

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great bike but I guess the trends for XC have all moved onto bigger wheels...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Alas - guess I'll never sell my 05HL/08front tri Flux then. Nothing in the Turner lineup meets my needs anymore.

Can a 05 HL rear end take a 650b wheel/tire?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    Alas - guess I'll never sell my 05HL/08front tri Flux then. Nothing in the Turner lineup meets my needs anymore.

Can a 05 HL rear end take a 650b wheel/tire?
    Don't think so, I recall reading someone tried. From the close fit of the Mutano 2.4 on rear of my 05HL/08Front Flux I really doubt 650B would fit. (great old school Flux combo by the way)

mtbr member
    Not sure if we have a big Sultan in green, but we have big Sultans, all the way up to XXL!

DT
    That makes a lot of sense, it's time to build an XC 29er, even if it's made of aluminium and then bump the travel of the Sultan to 130-140mm...

mtbr member

guess who's coming?

DT

flux move over

RFX is coming!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker View Post
    flux move over

RFX is coming!!!!!

99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey DT, care to list any prices on frames for the warehouse sale? Or are they gonna be pretty close to the closeout prices on the turner site? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhynohead View Post
    Hey DT, care to list any prices on frames for the warehouse sale? Or are they gonna be pretty close to the closeout prices on the turner site? Thanks
    Sounds like DT was referring to the Flux, which is currently on closeout with no plans of ever returning. Warehouse sale? Check out the turnerbikes online store for pricing. Just Fluxes and older models on sale right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasintrane View Post
    Warehouse sale? Check out the turnerbikes online store for pricing. Just Fluxes and older models on sale right now.
    Turner Bikes Warehouse Sale. Deals too good to be real. | Turner Blog

mtbr member
    Thanks Hubba!

Looks like a great opportunity if you are a local.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Thanks Hubba!

Exactly my thought. If I COULD make it to the warehouse sale and there WAS a large DHR to be had I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. It'd cost me almost the retail price of a frame just to attend.

mtbr member
    In the same boat unfortunately

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Will those of us with extreme unlocal status and anorexic of wallet be able call and get warehouse pricing on sale day and just pay for shipping? Anybody have any past remeberance of previous warehouse sales?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moose1 View Post
    Will those of us with extreme unlocal status and anorexic of wallet be able call and get warehouse pricing on sale day and just pay for shipping? Anybody have any past remeberance of previous warehouse sales?
    Hmmm ... Wonder how many phone lines he has?

Perhaps left overs will get posted up on the website after the sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast