Lay off the Levers

Post your Favorite STACKS!

The discussion about a good bike getting oneself into trouble made me chuckle.

I've always said my bike made me a better rider...Well maybe, it certainly taunts me into doing more than I ever would have done on my other bike. It pushes me. Some days the stuff I used to dread and walk, come so dammed easy I start looking for trouble.

Been there? Done that? Go ahead share!

Here's mine: Testostorone Theater

just a couple of weeks ago I was riding with some guys from work. Our first outing together. I had my fitness comming back and had a few good technical rides under my belt, this was their first ride of the season, but were good riders. I had been cleaning all kinds of stuff all day and feeling like, well like a 'Zilla and was all stoked with the extra rest I had waiting for them.(The guys I usually ride with are much faster than I)

On the ride back to the lot I remembered a sweeeeeet jump over the gardrail near the back. It had a fantastic smooth sloping run-out under it. at the rail it's about a 2.5' and falls off about another foot for every two, and gets more gradual further out. There's a sidewalk at flat section on the very bottom.

Weeeeeellll, I'd done it plenty of times but always set it up, looked it over, and maybe a slow practice run first. This time I came in fast (bad) barreling in from a completely different direction (real bad). Yelling "Yo! Check this out" (Famous last words)

Well I knew about the run-out so I arc'ed the nose down to land both tires...two problems with that..
    1) I completley overshot the runout
    2) I tried to steer into the sidewalk on the landing to avoid the picknick benches on the other side.

Landed front tire first on a flat, gravel coated sidewalk, trying to steer, washed out and bought the farm. no real damage, or injuries just a scraped palm, shifted stem, and scraped break resivoir covers.

I LMAO!!! Damm that was fun! I love a good(hurtless) fall, gets the fear out of the system.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Ouch, I am hot!

Here's Mine - 99% Testosterone Induced

Awhile back, before I was the highly skilled elite athletic machine that I am now (this is sarcasm), my two friends and I crested a hill to view another hill across a small valley. None of it was very technical. As we sat and pondered where to go, I said, hey guys, watch this, and took off down the valley to climb this hill on the other side. Halfway up the hill, something happened, I really can't say, but I ended up impaling myself on a cactus. The cactus spikes ended up mostly in my A$$. Again, I can't really say how I ended up with spikes over 1/2 my a$$, but there I was. The other two guys, still across the small valley, were laughing loud. However, they were not laughing too long, because I asked them to help me remove the spikes from my a$$. They of course refused. Ultimately, I had to borrow a hiker's knife to remove all the spikes.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    The cactus spikes ended up mostly in my A$$. Again, I can't really say how I ended up with spikes over 1/2 my a$$, but there I was. The other two guys, still across the small valley, were laughing loud. However, they were not laughing too long, because I asked them to help me remove the spikes from my a$$. They of course refused. Ultimately, I had to borrow a hiker's knife to remove all the spikes.
    I guess this was an incident when you found out who your true freinds are.....lol