tg
    mtbr member

Post a pic of your fave trail ( ever )

The Crest comes to mind for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's carbon dontcha know.
    401, Crested Butte is probably one of the most fun sections of singletrack I've had the pleasure to hit.

mtbr member
    there's too much tree cover down here in the dirty souf to see the trails. I'd go with SGL as my all time favorite just b/c there were little hits like this peppered all thru it:

Moosehead
    great thread tg, will have to think about this for a bit. +1 to crest, moab, jasper national park, whistler, hawaii, tahoe, cb, somo, local stash. many others.

jeebus, tough call.

Never enough time to ride
    Hmmmm, easy one. Best I've ridden so far is Porc, but I know there's more out there. Just have yet to ride it.

happy trails...

squish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your fave trail ( ever )-0638258-r1-039-18.jpg  

Get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by squish
    Hmmmm, easy one. Best I've ridden so far is Porc,
    squish

what is it about Porc that makes it the best trail for you? i know about "to each his own" & all, but for you & about 10,000 other people it's their favorite. i did TWE last year & Porcupine Rim was the only disappointing part. i've ridden a fair amount of trails in Utah, been trail riding in Whistler & being from Washington, i feel i've got a pretty good mix of experience & Porc Rim ain't even close. it always amazes me when i see people list it as their hands down favorite.
    breezy shade

mtbr member

Trail called La Varda in Les Arcs. Alpine singletrack at it's best. A few sections are beautiful and flowy (if you can ignore the monster drop to the side). The rest is bowel wateringly, mind bending, bike f...ingly, technical, with a monster drop to the side. Absolute commitment needed to get round some bits. Ridden it 4 times, never cleaned it (although come closer than most), and each time, the bike has been mashed by the bottom. Skewers, fork legs, rear mechs, rotors, pedals, all bent, gouged, battered.

...and there's a bar at the bottom that does a) great icecream b) cold beer...

Love it, love it, love it!

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge
    what is it about Porc that makes it the best trail for you? i know about "to each his own" & all, but for you & about 10,000 other people it's their favorite. i did TWE last year & Porcupine Rim was the only disappointing part. i've ridden a fair amount of trails in Utah, been trail riding in Whistler & being from Washington, i feel i've got a pretty good mix of experience & Porc Rim ain't even close. it always amazes me when i see people list it as their hands down favorite.
    Yah, Porc has its moments. But I must agree, overall it's aethetically not that great. Upper Porc has some sweet sections, the jeep road section sucks and the trail improves again once the jeep road is left behind. I think the appeal lies in the fact that it is mostly downhill. I find Poison Spider and Portal or Amasa and Jackson much more pleasing rides.

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tg
    The Crest comes to mind for me.
    Which Crest is that, TG? Monarch, Kettle, Pacific?

tg
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by telebiker
    Which Crest is that, TG? Monarch, Kettle, Pacific?
    Monarch

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Looking forward to hitting Monarch in August for the first time

Any shuttle company recommendations? I need to put some substance to my trip other than the flight and rental car I've got booked.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Edwards

Trail called La Varda in Les Arcs. Alpine singletrack at it's best. A few sections are beautiful and flowy (if you can ignore the monster drop to the side). The rest is bowel wateringly, mind bending, bike f...ingly, technical, with a monster drop to the side. Absolute commitment needed to get round some bits. Ridden it 4 times, never cleaned it (although come closer than most), and each time, the bike has been mashed by the bottom. Skewers, fork legs, rear mechs, rotors, pedals, all bent, gouged, battered.

...and there's a bar at the bottom that does a) great icecream b) cold beer...

Love it, love it, love it!
    It is indeed a cracking trail.

29 some of the time...
    Too hard, just like any other fav' topic there are favorites for particular trails, getaway weekends, or sheer gnar. Hard to beat Downieville, CA for epic rides and sweet after-ride ambiance though. I got nothing for pics though, so I will post up a dirty South photo from the week...

Goat Trail Huntsville, AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your fave trail ( ever )-goat-img_7782.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Bite Me.
    My new favorite. Western Rim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a pic of your fave trail ( ever )-western-rim-ride.jpeg  

When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

ride better, ride faster
    Favourite trail...

Sorry cannot pick just one, there are so many good trails out there that I have ridden, and so many more that I have yet to ride!! It is one of the nice things about mountain biking. There will alwa ys be that thought, that no matter how fantastic the trail you are currently riding is, there is bound to be one somewhere in the world that is even better

Current top of the list though is Nydia bay.... it is about a 6 hour ride, with plenty of up and down... and a good bunch of technical rooty/rocky mixed with speed/flow It is fantastic!!

These pictures do not do it justice, but then there was no way I was stopping on the fun downhill sections to take photos!!

writeup and more photos over here http://mountainbikingzane.wordpress....ay-boxing-day/

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    Too hard, just like any other fav' topic there are favorites for particular trails, getaway weekends, or sheer gnar. Hard to beat Downieville, CA for epic rides and sweet after-ride ambiance though. I got nothing for pics though, so I will post up a dirty South photo from the week...

Goat Trail Huntsville, AL
    Not a very flattering photo of the Goat Trail, not sure where you found a spot without any rocks . Goat Trail is my favorite at Monte Sano.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug
    Not a very flattering photo of the Goat Trail, not sure where you found a spot without any rocks . Goat Trail is my favorite at Monte Sano.
    That's why I like the photo, it looks so inviting and groomed
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Unknown trail name in the Huascaran National Forest - Peru.

Real Mountain Bikers!
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hypokondriak
    Unknown trail name in the Huascaran National Forest - Peru.

Yeah! Peru is for sure one of the best places on earth for Mountain Biking. That place is actually part of the Huascaran Mountain (6,768m). The trail strats at 4,750m very close to the glaciers. Sometimes that trail is covered by snow at the top. We were lucky to ride that trail that day! Great pic!
    Riding the best singletracks on earth!
    www.inkasadventures.com

Real Mountain Bikers!
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_
    It is indeed a cracking trail.

That's what I call an epic ride! So stoking!!
    www.inkasadventures.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Wayo how did you sniff this thread out! ...and you can't crash the party without bringing a picture of yourself on Huascaran. Here's one:

I also wish I had some pictures of the downhill on Puka Ventana as that trail was certainly one of the wildest rides I've ever had too. Peru, our epic brother to the south.

Real Mountain Bikers!
    Aug 2009
    Awesome!! There's a picture I didn't had! Very cool the view of the Mountains!
    www.inkasadventures.com

Bandolero

REM - NM Classic

Three pics.

Bit of wall.

Lunch:

And green gold.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That snaks's eatin my lunch!Great thread.

~~~~~~~~