View Poll Results: What finish would your future Turner to be?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • polish and ano like present

69 56.56%
  • shot peen and ano like a SC

19 15.57%
  • RAW, ya baby!

18 14.75%
  • powder coating

16 13.11%
    Amphibious Technologies

Poll: Turner Bike Frame Finish

Pursuant to DT's request for a Poll in the thread entitled "Christmas is coming", please vote as to what frame finish you want Turnerbikes to offer.

Here's what DT had to say about this poll:
    "I want everyone to comment regardless of what brand you ride, lets hear what anyone that rides mountain bike wants for a frame finish." DT

[SIZE="1"]
    This is my first attempt at posting a poll so if it doesn't work, there's my excuse.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 11-15-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Pursuant to DT's request for a Poll, please vote as to what frame finish you want Turnerbikes to offer.

[SIZE="1"]
    This is my first attempt at posting a poll so if it doesn't work, there's my excuse.[/SIZE]

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see the RAW finish across the line.

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you meant to say EEEETS ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!

Silence and Thunder...
    As much as I like some of the colors, my favorite is the polished ano (flux).

I don't want him to offer the raw finish, because when I get my next bike I want it to be custom raw...
    ...every day sends future to past...

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    allow me to add another option. anno/anno anyone?
    No, I'm NOT back!

oly
    mtbr member
    I already have one thats finished in "shot peen and ano like a SC", except unlike SC, I havent had any trouble with my bearings. My 2003.5 spot that was a test run has been going strong. Sadly it will soon get put on the boards to make room for its replacement....

Im not sure what my new RFX will be..i dont even know what colors are offered.. but im sure theres a thread on it somewhere. Polished frame with translucent ano black would be cool.

involuntary dismounter
    i like gigi all polished and shiny...HAWT!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    With 1 PC stock color, 1 PC custom color, and 1 polished frame, I am really infatuated with the smooth ano finish. I think the colors are really sweet, and make me want to do irresponsible things.

involuntary dismounter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    I think the colors are really sweet, and make me want to do irresponsible things.
    just remember...you can love your bike...but you can't LLLLOOOVVVVEEEEE your bike!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

AW_
    locked - time out
    Polished alu is timeless. Seems like raw is somewhat popular now too.

Shot peened ano is pretty and blingalicious.

PC is probably my favorite though even though it shows wear pretty fast. Easy to repaint, fairly inexpensive. Can you easily paint over an annodized frame?

Black bikes are always cool. Smooth ano black looks super bad (as in "good bad").

Personally, I say mix it up year to year, model to model, pick colors at random. I like bright colors once in a while too. Old school MX neons, etc.

I think polished rear triangle makes the most sense if you want it to look pretty long time. Shoe grinds on the CS/SS, chainslap, impacts, etc. If that is important to you.

FWIW, I've never bought -- or not bought -- a bike because of the color.

Not a Turner owner at the moment, but have been in the past, and probably will be again sometime in the future.

trail fairy
    just remember...you can love your bike...but you can't LLLLOOOVVVVEEEEE your bike!
    yehaaaaaaaaaa dh

it helps if the bike loves you back

PnP
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Ano bronze polish should be the Turner signature frame color. It's probably the only color that outdoes the silver/polished ano.

Otherwise, I don't care what finishes are, so long as that horrid g'hey ano drip "the other guy" uses never manifests itself here.

I've had powdercoat Turners, as well as Ano. They are both great in their own ways.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thanks

I really am stoked to see the results, and that most are happy with the polish and ano. No, I will never do cat puke finishes. I was around in the multi color fade and paint drip and smoke paint job day and hated them then. I am surprised how many like the shot peening. Less flash is a underlying theme here it seems.

DT

mtbr member
    The [SIZE="4"]ano blue [/SIZE]that was on the 5 spot this year was hot, It would be nice to see it return for 07...

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpie
    The [SIZE="4"]ano blue [/SIZE]that was on the 5 spot this year was hot, It would be nice to see it return for 07...
    Yeah I agree. I didn't even need another bike (already have 4 mtn bikes and 2 road bikes) and almost bought one to hang on the living room wall so I could stare at it all day!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Whenever it is time to replace, I'd be happy if every frame was offered in smooth ano black and smooth grey. Then maybe throw in a few wilder colors on each of the frames.

But, like someone said above, I've never bought, or not bought, a bike because of color, and doubt I ever would. Being an XL frame guy, it's more like whatever they have, or will have soon, because the next XL production run is usually too far away for me to stand to wait that long once the decision has been made to pull the trigger on a new toy!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member

Polished.........

Hey, I voted for the polished and ano option., but just to make it clear I mean...POLISHED...nothing more. I think this should be an option on the poll.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    heres yer tube of semichrome and a clean cotton rag. see ya when were back from the ride. hehe
    No, I'm NOT back!

Hisforever

frame finish is important...

Turner bikes make some great frames, it only makes sense to have options. This is my main complaint about the Turner frame.

Color Options.

Since many are into the bling, it even makes more sense to have bling finishes. I voted for the polish and anno since you can only vote once but...

If I were Turnerbikes finish product manager, this is how I would do it...

would be available for return and new customers.

1) Clear over polished, this way Chimney corn cant make fun of us for having to polish our frame all the time (polished is timeless). Theres one in the garage that'll be there a long time)

2) Smooth anodized in lots of colors (gold, olive green, bronze, black,navy blue, dark red, silver, gunmetal, silver/blue, & silver/green(sage). I especially like the colors that came out as a mistake, IMO they are sweet and one of a kind color that would accent the high quality frame that has the Turner name on it.

3) Powdercoating as well with some beautiful color options: candy apple red (for the pooftah in you), dark purple (for the ladies, and the semi pooftah), lime green, yellow, gold,orange, black, white, blue, (basically like the custom options but with more blingy color options).

just my .02
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    As long as it's anodized and a single colour way then it'll look great on a Turner. Personally I love the understated and classic look of my silver Flux.

Leave the camo and the easily scuffed matt paint jobs to the others!