mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Pike 454 on 05 Spot

Just posted about coil or air for a Pike fork on the appropriate forum however have a vague recolection about something to do with rockers for the 05 spot needing changed to accomodate this fork. Sure I posted about this before but cant seem to find the post or answer.

if memory serves me correct I should be able to get away without changing anything (since the rockers are no longer available) and an air of Coil 454 would be the best choice.

Or any other suggestions for a travel adjust stiff fork to replace my Maverick DUC?

Cheers

** How to I delete this? - just found the old post, looks like I should be ok with te 454, just to get last years air or this years coil (no longer do Air in 2009 on the Pike) ***
    Last edited by AlanK; 01-06-2009 at 02:06 AM.

otb club member
    Who told you the Pike is not available in the Dual Air version in 2009? I think you were misinformed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur
    Who told you the Pike is not available in the Dual Air version in 2009? I think you were misinformed.
    In the UK coil only for 09 pikes!

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    In the UK coil only for 09 pikes!
    Oh, I see. Distribution issue rather than manufacturing. I'm running the 454 Dual Air U-Turn on my DW Spot. It's bombproof and very versatile.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2fur
    Oh, I see. Distribution issue rather than manufacturing. I'm running the 454 Dual Air U-Turn on my DW Spot. It's bombproof and very versatile.
    Good match,not sure on the new 140 Rev 20 our only RS 140mm air choice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    think I found a pair at active cycle, in the post now. woopppee

Now to work out wht stem I need, gonna order a hope hub and cut the spokes and remove my xm rim from the Mav hub...tata Maverick