• 12-14-2012
    KRob
    Parting out my bikes: Paid Spam
    Click here for details.

    I'm hoping these will go pretty fast, so if any of those prices seem way out of whack, just make me an offer.

    I'll try and get some pics up of individual parts as I get them stripped down and cleaned up.

    All parts are in at least Fair to Good condition with some in excellent shape.
  • 12-14-2012
    bobo_krkk_NIN
    Burner?
  • 12-14-2012
    HubbaMan
    I'd bet Chili ...
  • 12-14-2012
    KRob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Burner?

    What else?
  • 12-14-2012
    KRob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by HubbaMan View Post
    I'd bet Chili ...

    There is that.
  • 12-14-2012
    bobo_krkk_NIN
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    There is that.

    Check with Lance first...

    :)
  • 12-14-2012
    wheatgerm
    You're getting a Trek and racing the Tour de France?
  • 12-14-2012
    airwreck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    What else?

    Banshee :eek:
  • 12-14-2012
    moose1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by airwreck View Post
    Banshee :eek:

    Some bushings work, some bushings....nevermind
  • 12-14-2012
    LncNuvue
    Good luck with the sale. I can't give the Endo away. I imagine your Turner will sell faster though.

    A post knollfest Chili is probably where you're going.
  • 12-14-2012
    xcguy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Click here for details.

    I'm hoping these will go pretty fast, so if any of those prices seem way out of whack, just make me an offer.

    I'll try and get some pics up of individual parts as I get them stripped down and cleaned up.

    All parts are in at least Fair to Good condition with some in excellent shape.

    I'll give you tree fiddy for the lot.
  • 12-14-2012
    rhynohead
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    Good luck with the sale. I can't give the Endo away. I imagine your Turner will sell faster though.

    A post knollfest Chili is probably where you're going.

    The used bike market seems to have taken a hit the past 6 months. Bikes are just sitting in the classifieds, begging to be bought. I saw your Endo for a pretty good deal, too bad I'd rather throw my leg over a Chili though. Before I post to classifieds, anyone interested in a 11 Spot :D
  • 12-14-2012
    KRob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rhynohead View Post
    The used bike market seems to have taken a hit the past 6 months. Bikes are just sitting in the classifieds, begging to be bought.D

    Yeah, that's why I decided to try parting them out instead. We'll see how it goes. It does mean that I'll be relegated to the old hard tail for the next three months while this all plays out.

    It started snowing today and the old hard tail is the best choice for winter riding anyway.
  • 12-14-2012
    wheatgerm
    I never have much luck selling stuff this time of year. Good luck.
  • 12-14-2012
    airwreck
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by wheatgerm View Post
    I never have much luck selling stuff this time of year. Good luck.

    I get the feeling that the used 26 market will only get weaker, the plus side being people will be able to get into the sport on better bikes for less. Now that 26 = kid's wheels this should help get more kids riding.
  • 12-15-2012
    Jaybo
    I am getting ready to sell my 2010 Spot also and replace it with a Burner. Is the Burner ready yet? That is going to be my next bike...
  • 12-15-2012
    6thElement
    I think the first batch was due back with Turner late this week, not sure if they arrived though.
  • 12-15-2012
    Jaybo
    I wonder if a guy should wait for the first batch to get used to see if any bugs need to be worked out. I remember the bugs reported with the 2009 5 Spot.

    KROB, what fork are you going to use?
  • 12-15-2012
    KRob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I wonder if a guy should wait for the first batch to get used to see if any bugs need to be worked out. I remember the bugs reported with the 2009 5 Spot.

    KROB, what fork are you going to use?

    Not sure yet, but it won't be the 55RC3 cause I just sold it. Either a Fox Float 36 160 or a lyric solo air RC2DH. I want to keep it light.
  • 12-16-2012
    Chasintrane
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    I wonder if a guy should wait for the first batch to get used to see if any bugs need to be worked out. I remember the bugs reported with the 2009 5 Spot.

    KROB, what fork are you going to use?

    JBo, the 2009 frames were a total redesign for DT. New bushings, linkages, rear-ends, etc. Nothing was shared from the previous models.

    The DW Turners have been getting refined since 2009. Although the Burner is a new model, it shares a lot of parts/ideas with previous DW frames. I'd say it will be safe to pull the trigger right away. I don't think there will be any bugs to work out, that all happened early on in the DW line.
  • 12-16-2012
    tiSS'er
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Check with Lance first...

    :)

    Now that's funny...
  • 12-16-2012
    Jaybo
    The frame is going to be 2.2k? Where did you guy order it? Thanks.
  • 12-16-2012
    Jaybo
    Interesting
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Not sure yet, but it won't be the 55RC3 cause I just sold it. Either a Fox Float 36 160 or a lyric solo air RC2DH. I want to keep it light.

    I didn't know they made a 650B Fox 36. I have been thinking about a Marzocchi fork for my next build. I get tapped on this bikes stuff now. It feels like bike stuff has gone up a lot lately. It is better stuff and really durable but more money. I look forward to your review on it!!!!

    PS that Nevada riding looks sweet.
  • 12-16-2012
    bobo_krkk_NIN
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Now that's funny...

    I though so....
  • 12-16-2012
    6thElement
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    The frame is going to be 2.2k? Where did you guy order it? Thanks.

    Turner Bikes - Turner Burner Frame