mtbr member

Panic Attack... Results in a New Turner

So I haven't hung around here too much in the last 7 years since I first found this board but the other week reading the TNT thing sent me into panic mode, which resulted in me picking up the phone and calling Turner to see if there were any Large 5-Spots in stock. So a week later the old trusty XCE is being replaced with a 5-Spot. I have been waivering on the spot, a little concerned about the 69 degree head angle but we shall see how it works out.

I need to face the disk brake mounts so there are no brakes on it yet. Also working in removing the Turner decals which is a real pain in the @ss.

SPAM: FOR SALE 19.5" Black Turner XCE frameset with XR rockers, Romic and three springs (600, 700, 800) in the classifieds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote : "Also working in removing the Turner decals which is a real pain in the @ss."
    You seem to have a thing for removing stickers so you should be an expert by now,
    Heat the stickers with a hair dryer and they will come off.
    Nothing wrong with Turner stickers, IMO.
    Wear them with pride
    Does your non TNT 5 spot ride better than the Burner ?

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Nice bike!!

Question: Why are you worried about the 69 Degree head angle? Too slack or still too steep?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can remove the decals on the new frames?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yep. is doable if ya must. polished frames are easy. just use real acetone. painted frames are more touchy. dont know about the hair dryer trick. turner suggests a bottle of special juice they can provide. this all is right from the horses mouth.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member

Sticker Removal

Yeah old stickers were easy to remove, the new ones are decals. I'll try the hair dryer thing, and see how it works.

As far as the head tube angle, I'm concerned that it may be a bit too slack in the twisty stuff, but I will find out once the brakes are on it.

jrm
    mtbr member

Your only losing ~1~ degree of headtube angle

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow
    So I haven't hung around here too much in the last 7 years since I first found this board but the other week reading the TNT thing sent me into panic mode, which resulted in me picking up the phone and calling Turner to see if there were any Large 5-Spots in stock. So a week later the old trusty XCE is being replaced with a 5-Spot. I have been waivering on the spot, a little concerned about the 69 degree head angle but we shall see how it works out.

I need to face the disk brake mounts so there are no brakes on it yet. Also working in removing the Turner decals which is a real pain in the @ss.

SPAM: FOR SALE 19.5" Black Turner XCE frameset with XR rockers, Romic and three springs (600, 700, 800) in the classifieds.
    but you are gaining some wheelbase. never the less the spot climbs real well..youll see..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

69 is good

when i first rode my spot i thought it was too slack. however, i quickly got used to it and now i love it. the bike handles well and is incredibly stable (especially compared to the steel hardtail i was riding before).

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New to this forum...

...so apologies if this has seen said before. Acetone removes the stickers without damage very easily. I used my girlfriends nail-varnish remover.

Bike de-stickered and smells quite nice. ;-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muffler
    ...so apologies if this has seen said before. Acetone removes the stickers without damage very easily. I used my girlfriends nail-varnish remover.

Bike de-stickered and smells quite nice. ;-)
    Welcome to the game!
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!