mtbr member
    Aug 2004

paging seattle homers

I am in Bellevue this week on business. Any good bike shops you could recommend?

thanks-
    IB

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBiker
    I am in Bellevue this week on business. Any good bike shops you could recommend?

thanks-
    IB
    Sure- what are you looking for- bike rental, trail info, window shopping?

Gregg's greenlake and Montlake both have shops in Bellevue...Both are fine shops, but nothing to get super excited over....

Bring your rain gear if you plan to ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    thanks FM...just window shopping and wasting time. In other words i'll probably drop $500 or so. It's too freakin cold to ride this week, and I am from Idaho!

mtbr member
    thanks FM...just window shopping and wasting time. In other words i'll probably drop $500 or so. It's too freakin cold to ride this week, and I am from Idaho!
    You'd have your hands full riding in this weather, it's blowing up a storm and snowing. But if you're around this weekend and want to ride, you're welcome to join us. As for shops, there's a few good one's around. Downhill Zone and Fluidride are in the University District-they cater to the dh/fr crowd. Center Cycles is in Renton-they've got an excellent selection of everything-it's one of the nicest shops around. Ask for Darren/Adam at Downhil Zone, Zeb/Simon at Fluidride and Dave at Center Cycles.

Greggs has several shops-the one by green lake is pretty nice. Black Diamond Bike and Backcountry is in town of Black Diamond; Peter has a nice selection of gear. There's a good shop in Lake Stevens too-Bike Smith. If you're up towards Bellingham, stop in at Transition Bikes. Hope that helps.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    ..just window shopping and wasting time. In other words i'll probably drop $500 or so.
    Hmm well maybe you should just come over to my place, $500 will get you a good buzz and a lightly used steel FR hardtail frame!

seriously, turtle pretty much summed it up. DH zone is probably where I would go to see cool gear, or maybe fluidride, the other joints mainly carry trek etc.

enjoy your stay!