mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Paging CactusCorn

Been doing any riding lately? I hear the weather's great in your neck of the plains It's 65 here in the Denver area. Just thought you'd like to know. This was yesterday's ride:
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    too bad yer so far away with it bein "free kick in the nuts day" and all.
    No, I'm NOT back!

I think I need to Upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Been doing any riding lately? I hear the weather's great in your neck of the plains It's 65 here in the Denver area. Just thought you'd like to know. This was yesterday's ride:

You have it about as rough as I do, the temps here in Phoenix have been in the 70s and it has just been horrible .

fock ya both. no, really... fock you.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Sorry I didn't have a camera, and it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but we had 75+ degree temps and about 90 miles of visibility from Santa Barbara to Catalina island.

I've lived in this area almost all of my life, and have never had that good of a view.

that sounds like a nice moment. ive seen that as a kid when i lived in santa ana. we had family day at the beach all the time and drove around lookin at cool stuff.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Surfin' da mountain
    Rode Markham Park, Lauderdale yesterday - like you guys, it was a frosty 75 degrees, low humidity and the only white stuff I saw was puffy clouds and few at that. In fact, it was a good beach day!

Team Blindspot
    Come on XCG. If you are going to taunt CC, at least have some Turner content
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Astigmatic Visionary

banned
    It was pretty nice down here too! 60 degrees and no wind (for a change) Gave us a chance to hit some new lines..

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Come on XCG. If you are going to taunt CC, at least have some Turner content
    You're right. I've been showing my Sugar's profile way too much on this forum. The guilt is so heavy on my conscience that I loaded the Burner into my Element this morning for today's 60 degree ride. Here's my long gone Spot on Hall (and a recent sunrise, why not?):
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

im not listening. i refuse to look. screw you guys, im goin home!
    No, I'm NOT back!

~~~~~~~~
    how's this.
    Forecasters here were calling for a storm to pass through friday (yesterday) with 50-60mph winds and some rain but not flooding. Thursday afternoon the decision was made to close all schools and non-essential State, County, and Federal workers were told to stay home Friday (Mondays a holiday too!).

Friday the wind hit about 30-40 and it rained off an on, at first I was thinking what a bunch of pansies, we've had much worse storms before and been sent home early, but this was the first time I recall being given this much advance notice. But I think that was a good call telling everyone to stay home, made it much easier to deal with the problems that did occur and likely saved the government and insurance companies a bunch of money. A lot of those workers, the ones I deal with at least, still put in some hours from home too.

What do you guys think? Are we really that soft here?
    Check out the article and as always the comments!

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...WS01/901170329

banned
    We get 60mph gusts regularly. Never any closures.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You all are just mean! I feel your pain CC, as a resident of Ohio. But thankfully, no mud because everything is frozen with a nice couple inches of powder. Perfect conditions!!! Just came back from a ride. So there, meanies!!