My name is Mud

Paging Bay Area 6-Pack/RFX owners: Test Ride Please...

I am contemplating purchasing a 5 pack or RFX (leaning towards 5 pack). Ride a little of everything: trails, around town, smaller jumps, drops stuff...

Does anyone here have an FXR or 5 pack in the bay area that would be willing to let me take theirs for a spin. Hopefully small or medium frame.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Ed

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ed,

On the Turner website you'll see that Another Bike Shop the Turner Demo Center for Norcal. We have a size run of RFX's and 5 Spots for you to ride. Once you meet us you might even consider buying one from us. We're probably a little more than mail order, but we have actual, real world experience with the parts we recommend, based mostly on riding and servicing them, and sometimes our experiences with the tech depts at various manufacturers. (We also have a service dept. that is second to none when it comes to dealing with the needs of a high end bike like a Turner.)

We charge $65/24hrs, applicable to the purchase of any roughly equivalent bike in our store. (That means not necessarily a Turner.) We can also point you at some beautiful local trails that make an ideal test ground. There is a reason that a store like ours is located where it is.

I must tell you I regret the forks that came on our Demo Fleet, but at least they can give you an idea of fit, handling, and suspension performance.

Don't forget your pedals and shoes.

Regards,
    Graham Mattingly
    Sales Floor Manager
    Another Bike Shop
    Santa Cruz, CA

aka baycat
    Ed

You leaving the SC family! This a replacement or another addition to the fleet?

My name is Mud
    Still got my chameleon coming, I hope!!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    thats cool of ya kracker. long live the ibd!
    No, I'm NOT back!

konastab805
    Aug 2005
    If you want to make the drive down to Santa Barbara i have a 6 pack u can try in a medium.

My name is Mud
    I appreciate the offers, Santa Barabara is a little too far. I will try to make it down to Santa Cruz (ABS) as soon as possible. Still hoping to find someone a little closer though.

Thanks again guys,
    Ed

Baycat, is there a thread out here you do not view???

Flyin Canine
    I have a 16.5 2001 RFX. Live in san jose. I could probably be talked into a test ride if it's your size. How much do you weigh?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Another Bike Shop

Graham has it right. ABS is a GREAT bike shop with a very helpful and knowledgable staff. It's the best shop in the area, bar none. Everyone there rides. It's also important to note that there are a lot of good bike shops in the area.

ABS is the best around, imo. It's all mountain bikes there. No roadie stuff.

aka baycat
    nah I lurk in the Turner forum most of the time, think deep down I want a 5spot!

My name is Mud
    Shanedawg,

Size is optimal. I weigh about a buck fifty and go down to San Jose to ride quite a bit.

I would love to take it for a spin, maybe you could ride my Nomad or drink my beer while I ride your Turner???

Thanks,
    Ed