Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Paging Bay Area 6-Pack/RFX owners: Test Ride Please...

951 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  derelict 
#1 ·
I am contemplating purchasing a 5 pack or RFX (leaning towards 5 pack). Ride a little of everything: trails, around town, smaller jumps, drops stuff...

Does anyone here have an FXR or 5 pack in the bay area that would be willing to let me take theirs for a spin. Hopefully small or medium frame.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ed

#2 ·
Ed,

On the Turner website you'll see that Another Bike Shop the Turner Demo Center for Norcal. We have a size run of RFX's and 5 Spots for you to ride. Once you meet us you might even consider buying one from us. We're probably a little more than mail order, but we have actual, real world experience with the parts we recommend, based mostly on riding and servicing them, and sometimes our experiences with the tech depts at various manufacturers. (We also have a service dept. that is second to none when it comes to dealing with the needs of a high end bike like a Turner.)

We charge $65/24hrs, applicable to the purchase of any roughly equivalent bike in our store. (That means not necessarily a Turner.) We can also point you at some beautiful local trails that make an ideal test ground. There is a reason that a store like ours is located where it is.

I must tell you I regret the forks that came on our Demo Fleet, but at least they can give you an idea of fit, handling, and suspension performance.

Don't forget your pedals and shoes.

Regards,
Graham Mattingly
Sales Floor Manager
Another Bike Shop
Santa Cruz, CA

#7 ·
I appreciate the offers, Santa Barabara is a little too far. I will try to make it down to Santa Cruz (ABS) as soon as possible. Still hoping to find someone a little closer though.

Thanks again guys,
Ed

Baycat, is there a thread out here you do not view???

#9 ·
Another Bike Shop

Graham has it right. ABS is a GREAT bike shop with a very helpful and knowledgable staff. It's the best shop in the area, bar none. Everyone there rides. It's also important to note that there are a lot of good bike shops in the area.

ABS is the best around, imo. It's all mountain bikes there. No roadie stuff.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.