mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Overwhelming Flux

I feel like I'm overwhelming my Flux's RP3. I'm running about 5/16" of sag and the shock just feels like it is going through the travel too easily. It never feels like it bottoms out too harshly, more like I'm riding around using about 1/2 to 3/4 of the travel on relatively tame terrain. I notice it a lot more since I put the layback post on it, but that's a necessity with my long legs. It's like I have too much leverag on the shock. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks.

edit: I'm 215 lbs. without gear. Riding a Large Flux.
    Last edited by kbell; 10-13-2005 at 07:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    how much air are you running in it?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    id also like to know yer height and inseam. we will get ya through this pal.
    No, I'm NOT back!

cask conditioned
    And... are you futzing with the air pressure while you're on the trail? I bring the shock pump and go by feel more than by where my o-ring is while I'm just sitting on the bike. A few psi up or down can make a big difference.
    Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm 6'0" even. and my inseam is 34.6" with longer than normal femurs. I can't remember my exact pressure, but it's higher than my weight with gear. I do take my pump on rides and during the course of my first ride I increased the pressure until the sensation went away for the most part. I'll guess I'm running 235 to 250 psi right now. I like the fact that the bike is so plush, but sometimes too plush or active. Too much movement sometimes. Make any sense?