Thread: Overdue Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Overdue Thanks!

It's way overdue but I just wanted to thank Cactuscorn, rroeder, kristian, hfly, and all the others for a great spring trip. I've been floating in and out of a severe case of Giarrdea and when things are good I've been riding, and when things are bad I've been on my arse complaining and belly aching as much as a person possibly can.

Thanks to Tom for the great beers and mini tour of his neighborhood bar, I look forward to getting out to your new haunt and getting some miles in when you are ready Tom, I'm not that far away you know to make a short trip and if you have anymore Kiltlifters left I'd be happy to help drink those off your hands, I know what a burden having good beer around can be.

The riding in C-Springs was absolutely fantastic as well as the company and I can't wait to get out again and get in some more riding time there. I couldn't have asked for better or more friendly tour guides, I owe all you guys a huge thanks for showing me such a great time.

As always the riding in Moab was truly spectacular. It was great catching up with you Tim, and I have to smile everytime I think about that overlook you took me too, because one of the things I love about the west is just how small it makes me feel and from the top overlooking the valley that day It again reminded me just how really beautiful life is and how fortunate I am to be able to do the things I can do.

I also need to thank the guy from OTE on the Hammerhead for the ride on Sovereign, I apologize I can't remember your name but it was fun riding and chatting that day, it was my first day solo out in Moab and it was great to hook up early on in the ride and have some company along the way.

It's really special how a bike can take you to so many amazing places and along the way how it helps you to meet so many very cool people! I know there are others who I don't think probably read this board but it was a great trip littered with great people all along the way!

That was a trip I really needed and I couldn't have asked for better company along the way! Thanks again to everyone......now let's plan that fall trip!!!

Best regards to all and thanks again, Dan

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hey Dan, that sucks about the Giarrdea!, was wondering what happened to ya. Glad you enjoyed your trip and the riding here, let us know when your out this way again. I hear there's a Turner gathering in the fall at Moab so start planning, I'm planning on being there.
    -Rick

oh yeah, pics??

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    a severe case of Giarrdea
    Yikes! My dog got that, or as we call it "Beaver Fever", and lets just say it was rather unpleasant.

Hope you've recovered, I can't imagine how bad that must be. Did you drink stream water without filtering or something like that?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

No idea...........

I have no idea how I got it, but I am going on six weeks of Protozoal antibiotics or whatever they are called. Suffice to say it has been hell. I have thrown out both Camelbaks and all my water bottles, all plastic glasses in the house and two water filter pitchers. If it doesn't kill me it's for sure gonna make me broke!

... I guess you won't be
    sounds delightful....my sympathies! I hope I never get that......yikes.

Because giardiasis affects the bodys ability to absorb fats and carbohydrates from ingested foods (malabsorption), giardiasis often produces foul-smelling, oily stools that float. Symptoms also may include abdominal cramps, a swollen or large abdomen, excessive gas, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, and sometimes a low-grade fever.

Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    holy crap dan! and thanx for the visual joker. ive never heard of this before but from the little thats been said here, it sounds like somethin id prefer to avoid myself. get well soon and stay that way will ya?

it was great to have ya out and its cool to hear the rest of the trip was as exciting as a night in the basement shop. i know i can speak for squish when i say it was fun to sit and shoot the shite all night. we need to get up yer way and of course theres never a day when yer not welcome back here. theres always a frost kiltlifter waitin for ya. ill let ya know when we set up house in the falls. should be by winter. gawd it better be.
    No, I'm NOT back!