mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Oregon and Idaho Trail Info

The Spot has thrown a tantrum, and declared that a short road trip is in order this coming Mon - Thurs. Thinking either kinda local (from Hood River), heading down towards Waldo Lake and the Mackenzie River Trail, or head east towards Idaho and do a couple rides around the Imperial Gulch/Mars Ridge/Red Warrior area near Hailey, then over the hump into the Stanley basin to bag Fisher Creek and Redfish Lake.

Anybody got any info on conditions in these areas?

Thanks!

(I threw this out on the trail forums, but nobody beats the Homers here for response!)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

rode redfish last Sunday

what an awesome ride! beautiful, fall colors, no trees down... but there was a storm moving in (we got that on McKensie, which was also great). There's been a fire on part of Fisher Creek, and we heard of downed trees. We did Potato Mtn instead, highly recommended! Just be ready for some long, cold stream crossings.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Which Way?

Quote Originally Posted by obaby
    what an awesome ride! beautiful, fall colors, no trees down... but there was a storm moving in (we got that on McKensie, which was also great). There's been a fire on part of Fisher Creek, and we heard of downed trees. We did Potato Mtn instead, highly recommended! Just be ready for some long, cold stream crossings.
    Which way did you ride Redfish? I dream of one driection in the AM, lunch at the resort, then the other way in the PM! But mornings are sure cold up there this time of year!

I've done Spud Mtn. You're right on the money about the stream crossings. Great workout though, since it was very cold, I played Beast of Burden and carried the women across! We figured if one set of feet froze off, at least the others could finish the ride and send out Life Flight!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info!