mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Orange Czars a'plenty. Black frame, not so much

Seems black is the popular color, at least a 30 day wait. Orange available right now. Some pics the orange looks great whereas others it looks not so (in my opinion). But the black looks rockin' in every pic, every angle. Guess if you're spending that much and it's after race season in your neck of the woods the month wait isn't a deal breaker.

I can only imagine waiting a year or so for a custom one-off bike/frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The orange looks great in person, but black will always be the new black!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Seems black is the popular color, at least a 30 day wait. Orange available right now. Some pics the orange looks great whereas others it looks not so (in my opinion). But the black looks rockin' in every pic, every angle. Guess if you're spending that much and it's after race season in your neck of the woods the month wait isn't a deal breaker.

I can only imagine waiting a year or so for a custom one-off bike/frame.
    It may also be that the first couple of production runs were in orange. And that the black frames are finally making it here on the slow boat from (the Republic of) China. Seems like almost all of the Czar builds, up to recently, were orange, and the first run or two of the black frames are already sold out. Which may be the reason for the weight. I waited for a couple of months from the time I saw people posting up the orange frames to when mine came in.

All I can say is that the wait for the black frame is worth it. I love it. It's unlike any other carbon fiber frame I've seen. You get to see exactly how the frame was put together.

mtbr member
    I went with Orange to be different. There's a ton of Raw Carbon out there..but the Orange, lots of comments on the trail.

Get what you want.. but the Orange is sweet!

mtbr member
    Orange available now?? Hmmm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yep, as of last week there was a medium and large frame available from the dealer. I chose to wait for the black Large. My friend was tempted to get an orange since it is truly a nice looking frame, but he ordered a black Medium from the same shop. It was tempting to have that orange frame in hand and riding, probably by today, but it's only a few more weeks.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Orange --- soo sexy

Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Cool pic Lee. You're such a tease. They've got a large orange at the Enve wheels tent at the Interbike Dirt Demo I hope to throw a leg over tomorrow.