mtbr member
    Jan 2004

One of those unique turners...

...is up for auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

The seller is calling it a Rt.66. Looks more like the 'mauler' that was posted in the classifieds a while back. As the mauler had Easton tubing and didn't have the tt/ht and tt/dt gussets as is the case with this one.

I've no relation to the seller, just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

No, that's not phonetic
    OMG. That thing is pretty cool. My dream big bike would be a Lucky 7 with a 1.5 which wasn't overly porky. That bike would come fairly close...

Wrong size though.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    ...is up for auction on ebay.
    Sweet looking frame. I'd be nice to see a little more info like the travel, geometry, how much use it's seen yattat...

I wonder what's up w/ the BB? it looks like it either has a cap on it or it's blacked out. I do see a chainguide mount though. Nice unique frame.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Sweet looking frame. I'd be nice to see a little more info like the travel, geometry, how much use it's seen yattat...

I wonder what's up w/ the BB? it looks like it either has a cap on it or it's blacked out. I do see a chainguide mount though. Nice unique frame.
    Good observation, I had to look twice at that. Its either just a light effect (Or lack of light) with the camera or something is literally inserted in the shell..

I wish I could pull the trigger on something like that. It would make for some real fun.
    Trev!

Baked Alaskan

almost bought a route 66 last year

The seller is calling it a Rt.66. Looks more like the 'mauler' that was posted in the classifieds a while back. As the mauler had Easton tubing and didn't have the tt/ht and tt/dt gussets as is the case with this one.
    It was silver with the 1.5 and the sherman, it was one of the prototypes from interbike, just didn't have all the $$$ togehter yet. I can't quite remember, but I think the silver and this one were the only two, but I'm not entirely sure.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    It was silver with the 1.5 and the sherman, it was one of the prototypes from interbike, just didn't have all the $$$ togehter yet. I can't quite remember, but I think the silver and this one were the only two, but I'm not entirely sure.
    I have the red one from IB02. The silver one was purchased by Jason of feedthehabit.com fame. He sold it to someone in Florida a while back.

This frame wasn't a IB display bike. I do remember the turner mauler ad with the sweet flame-type paint job stating that there was only 2 of that model as well.

singletrack lush

03 turner route 66_rfx w 1.5 steerer

Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    I think this is the bike you're talking about?...I remeber drooling over this one my self.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Baked Alaskan

I was close...

I have the red one from IB02. The silver one was purchased by Jason of feedthehabit.com fame. He sold it to someone in Florida a while back.

This frame wasn't a IB display bike. I do remember the turner mauler ad with the sweet flame-type paint job stating that there was only 2 of that model as well.

I couldn't remember all the specifics. I thought it was put together for interbike. Either way it is a sweet setup. The silver one pictured above is the one.

Baked Alaskan

Bling!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marzz
    I think this is the bike you're talking about?...I remeber drooling over this one my self.

That's the one. I was really bummed that I missed out on it, until the 5 arrived of course.