Baked Alaskan

Olympic PC teaser pic...

O-k Homers, I've been saying for awhile now that I was getting my Spot and Pack front tri's re-finished and UPS just stopped by the office. I apologise in advance for the crappy first pic - the lens on the D70 in the office is not very sharp after it was dropped. I went with traffic cone orange and kawasaki green and I forgot to order some Turner frame decals so the only logos it will be sporting will be the headtube badge or now. Better pics will soon follow and I apologise in advance for the frames not being on the couch. Check back tomorrow for the pimp-couch shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Team Sanchez
    Love the Colors!....but the poolside shot is much more pimp. Natural redrock hottub no less.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Love the Colors!....but the poolside shot is much more pimp. Natural redrock hottub no less.

Pool? BS - that's just a tarp over the concrete with some rocks around it.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by DLine
    Pool? BS - that's just a tarp over the concrete with some rocks around it.
    Shhhhhhhh......Don't tell anyone.

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon

Cool, especially since your speedo is not visible in the shot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    Cool, especially since your speedo is not visible in the shot.
    Just be glad that all the women and children, including your own wife and kids, in your neighborhood aren't permanently scarred from being exposed to El Chingon's man panties at the neighborhood swim party while he performed cannon ball after cannon ball into the pool. My kids still wake up crying while screaming "No! No! No more cannonballs!".

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    My kids still wake up crying while screaming "No! No! No more cannonballs!".
    I hope you know a good therapist, some things just cannot be erased from your memory.

Living the Dream

No but

I hope you know a good therapist, some things just cannot be erased from your memory.
    they can always be further repressed. I made the mistake of opening Chingon's Mexico thread up at work. You know the one where he is in a speedo. Anyway's, some of the office chicks saw his photo and have been hounding me for his number ever since. I call them El Chin"groupies".
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yer as bad as teasezilla. be ashamed. be very ashamed.

and can we make a rule never to speak of chigonads in a speedo ever again? id rather ride a boron frame, girvin fork and amp disc brakes than see that repeated. and you complain about trolls.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Nothing here
    I luv that tic tac orange. I think chrome Turner logos would look awesome, maybe some white ones. Then you could get a white Marz fork, white rims, borrow the "Custom" white painted DHX coil from crazy Fred and viola, a Dreamsicle version of your bike.

Hisforever
    right on AKC, i'm sending one there right now...hope it comes out as good as yours did. a pimp shot with the Northern lights would top em all.
    Jesus Saves

Knomer
    Crockett & Tubbs would be damn proud of those colors.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Just be glad that all the women and children, including your own wife and kids, in your neighborhood aren't permanently scarred from being exposed to El Chingon's man panties at the neighborhood swim party while he performed cannon ball after cannon ball into the pool. My kids still wake up crying while screaming "No! No! No more cannonballs!".
    The President of the Lake Tahoe branch of Team Sanchez sends his regards......

Lay off the Levers
    Woooo , pretty slick stuff!
    So we'll see the "custom" builds when, September?

If that wall behind the pool is for El Ching... it's not nearly high enough...not nearly.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

not so super...
    Orange?? Copycat!!

Unknownrash is correct. The mirror TURNER looks nice on the orange.
    Nothing to see here.

Baked Alaskan
    Damn Ching, for the love of christ - find some goddamn board shorts!!!!!!!!!

For everyone else... here's a look at what was...

I have to take something for the nausea after Ching's pic, I'll post the full shots in a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownrash
    viola, a Dreamsicle version of your bike.

Dammit, that was to be the name of my next (far in the future) build!!!! Oh yeah and Rash, dig the Boobies avatar...

BTW Chris
    Also meant to say that I dig the colors, especially the Hunter Orange...

Baked Alaskan

dig the couch...

Ok, here are some shots, kudos to Olympic for doing a REALLY nice job. The finish is nice and smooth all around and looks totally factory. It was cheap to boot - $45 for each triangle - including all stripping and prep work. The rears would have pushed the costs to more than double what I paid for the tri's and the only thing I could think of - since the TNT and HL would be moving bbetween the two - was black. And with all do respect to JNC and the ninja clan - I wanted more color. On to the pics...

Like I said before, traffic cone orange and kawasaki green was the goal. It looks a little lighter in the pics because there was a lot off sun beaming on them this morning when I snapped the pics. The Spack will be built in a couple days, I still need a few drivetrain bits for the Splux. For now it will be sporting a Pike since I haven't called Larry for a 66, but that will happen shortly too. No good macro or DOF shots because I can't find my microdrive - so for now the Digi-Rebel has no storage.

Outcast
    Wholeeee $hit, those colors are bright! You won't be losing your bike in a thick forest if you walk away from it, that's for sure. Chris, 45 bucks each? Mega cheap. Which olympic powdercoat was this? I can afford a new paint job!

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Crockett & Tubbs would be damn proud of those colors.
    Thanks!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Orange?? Copycat!!

Unknownrash is correct. The mirror TURNER looks nice on the orange.
    I wouldn't say copycat, there's no sparkle in mine. Besides - isn't imitation is the smurfiest form of flattery???

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Woooo , pretty slick stuff!
    So we'll see the "custom" builds when, September?
    Ow. Seriously, I should have one together by the weekend. Been busy - got a hot new girlfriend that I just can't get enough of. Parts for the other build will be ordered either tomorrow or Friday so build #2 will happen over the next couple weeks.

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Wholeeee $hit, those colors are bright! You won't be losing your bike in a thick forest if you walk away from it, that's for sure. Chris, 45 bucks each? Mega cheap. Which olympic powdercoat was this? I can afford a new paint job!
    These are the guys that did it.

http://www.olycoatings.com/

Service was great. I think I got trapped behind a big job because it too them a bit to get to it, but once they got started I had them back in a few days. They were great to deal with. Also, the colors came out a little brighter in the pics than they are in person, plus I'll be using black decals and most off my parts are black. Maybe I should have finished the rear tri's too???

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hell yeah, very hot colors, orange is always in vogue and I heard green is the new black.

Outcast
    Thanks for sharing Chris. And once again, killerpoofta couch!

Hisforever
    Can you say "Lucky Charms"
    Jesus Saves

Lay off the Levers
    Geeezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! Those are some kickarse colors!
    Great shots man those things are gonna hollar when they're built up. Can't wait to see them done....the hottie takes priority ...You knew that though.

$45 ea? WOW! what a deal.

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hell yeah, very hot colors, orange is always in vogue and I heard green is the new black.
    Thanks, but I always get them confused, so now green is the new black???

Thanks for sharing Chris. And once again, killerpoofta couch!
    I made sure to have nothing but couch in the background. Wanna hear something funny??? I went and looked at a place yesterday and the seller not only has the EXACT same couch, but he's throwing it in with the place. If I bought the place, I could actually have TWO of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    Can you say "Lucky Charms"
    Everyone's always trying to steal me lucky charms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Geeezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! Those are some kickarse colors!
    Great shots man those things are gonna hollar when they're built up. Can't wait to see them done....the hottie takes priority ...You knew that though.

$45 ea? WOW! what a deal.
    Thanks for the props - of course you know I only have the couch... not the Turner shrine with the gold curtains and all. Riding should be more of a priority, but until the frames came back it got put on the back burner.
    Last edited by AK Chris; 06-14-2006 at 01:02 PM.

not so super...
    A hottie wins over the bikes? Does she think your nuts yet for taking pics of the frames on the couch?

Last edited by SSINGA; 06-14-2006 at 01:34 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

im stoked for ya pal. itll be sweet to see em in more natural light. so which one are ya bringin to moab in oct?

im gonna steal squish's black rear tri when i hand over the proto tnt tri and mock it up on the clear anno flux and the blue SPaaNB. ill snap some digi's and post em for ya so-ins ya can see what it might look like on yers. should be next week or so.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    ....looks sweet AKC! However, green is SO not the new black

FYI...for anyone interested, that is not the same Olympic Powder coater that Turner utilizes for their stuff. I'm not sure whether it would matter to DT warranty-wise, they are so good about stuff anyhow

Sean, for you it would be more like this:

Outcast
    For 45 bucks, I can afford a paint job every winter. A new color every year. So what is the new black?

not so super...
    For 45 bucks, I can afford a paint job every winter. A new color every year. So what is the new black?
    For you, something Pastel should work
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately, the new black is black.

Between Chingon's banana hammock and the shots of the frames on a RED couch, I gotta get lasic. Chris we really got a window into your tastes here - what do you drive, a hot pink Aztec?

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    For you, something Pastel should work
    You know what I think of that Sean?

not so super...
    - what do you drive, a hot pink Aztec?
    yes, with a rainbow license plate frame.

Renny - your a
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    Back to AK's frames. Did the $45 include a media blast or some other method to take the orig finish off or was it just applied over top?
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    SSINGA, Chris said it above; " The finish is nice and smooth all around and looks totally factory. It was cheap to boot - $45 for each triangle - including all stripping and prep work."

Team Sanchez
    Unfortunately, the new black is black.

Between Chingon's banana hammock and the shots of the frames on a RED couch, I gotta get lasic. Chris we really got a window into your tastes here - what do you drive, a hot pink Aztec?
    Whoaaaaaaaaaa now. That is not a pic of me. That is my little bro. Like I said, he represents the Lake Tahoe Chapter of Team Sanchez. Unfortunately he does not ride a turner. He's a Yeti man. ASX to be exact.

rr
    I don't do PC
    SSINGA, Chris said it above; " The finish is nice and smooth all around and looks totally factory. It was cheap to boot - $45 for each triangle - including all stripping and prep work."

Geez, Spectrum wanted $250 to prep and powdercoat my cross frame, Chris- how much do you think Olympic would charge for a full frame like my crosser? That candy green you used is the perfect color for the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Geez, Spectrum wanted $250 to prep and powdercoat my cross frame, Chris- how much do you think Olympic would charge for a full frame like my crosser? That candy green you used is the perfect color for the bike.
    Yeah, and I've been waiting for my frame from Spectrum for ~5 weeks. More expensive and a longer wait - sign me up!

Baked Alaskan

the new black...

How about a couple more pics...

Outcast
    Wow.
    Wow.
    That orange is HAWT! Olympic did a beautiful job.
    It also looks soooooooooo much better than SSINGA's orange pack.

Baked Alaskan

green and orange are the new black

To address some of your points/concerns...

SS and others - I tried to explain the pic/couch thing and she thought that was strange, but she REALLY likes the couch so I get a pass on that geek activity. And I sent them the frames as pictured somewhere in the thread with the factory finish and this is what I got back for a measly $45.

To all asking about what I drive, a POS Jeep -- for now -- but its rather fond of activating the warranty so it will be someone else's problem in the next couple months when everyone starts unloading the 06's.

This thread has gone in many odd directions... gotta love the clown crap!!!!!!!!

And JNC, I just checked with the "guys" at Abercrombie and they confirmed that green and orange are the new black.

Baked Alaskan
    Wow.
    Wow.
    That orange is HAWT! Olympic did a beautiful job.
    It also looks soooooooooo much better than SSINGA's orange pack.

Now that's just low, they're both Smurf-a-riffic!!!!!!!!!

Outcast
    Chris, regarding your jeep pics; you just took those, right? I guess that snow never melts up your way.

hey chris. ya got some kinda shite all over yer plate. whadaya rear end a polar bear?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Baked Alaskan

earlier today

Chris, regarding your jeep pics; you just took those, right? I guess that snow never melts up your way.
    I shot those at about 1:00 p.m. AK time today - you got it - we see green for a few days in July and then it starts snowing again, hence the Pugs.....

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    hey chris. ya got some kinda shite all over yer plate. whadaya rear end a polar bear?
    Naw, they're too busy eating each other...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060614/..._cannibalism_9

Naw, they're too busy eating each other...
    nice. reminds me of the 1st crazy fred thread.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Knomer

This thread has gone in many odd directions... gotta love the clown crap!!!!!!!!
    Holy crap look at that Jeep! Do you work for Knight Industries?

Baked Alaskan

???

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Holy crap look at that Jeep! Do you work for Knight Industries?
    Not sure what industry that is, but no I don't work for them - I work in TV produciton.

Lay off the Levers
    Not sure what industry that is, but no I don't work for them - I work in TV produciton.
    I believe Knight Industries builds K.I.T.T. Cars

I can't tell from this photo...is that you or Dusty?
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 06-14-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Hisforever
    Ching Dong, man you got some issues posting latin lovers all the time.

How about posting more 4ft to flat instead.
    Jesus Saves

Q: do you work for jeep?

A: not sure what industry that is, but no I don't work for them - I work in automotive production.

WHAT????
    No, I'm NOT back!

Nothing here

I dunno, the combo of the couch and the frames sorta remind me of this:

Nothing here
    ...but ina good way.

No, that's not phonetic
    $45 powdercoating???? Jeeze. Tell us how it holds up. That's CHEAP!

Not sure I dig the colors specifically, but I dig the concept.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Hisforever
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    $45 powdercoating???? Jeeze. Tell us how it holds up. That's CHEAP!

Not sure I dig the colors specifically, but I dig the concept.
    That is super cheap! I called them today and for a Silver Pearl they quoted me $85? wtf? I thought it was supposed to be 45. Anyway mines going to Santa Ana, the same shop that does Turners frames...http://www.olympicpowdercoating.com/
    Jesus Saves

Team Sanchez
    Ching Dong, man you got some issues posting latin lovers all the time.

How about posting more 4ft to flat instead.
    Wish I could Shaheeb, but the elbow man....the elbow. Stitches come out today. Should be back to posting pics of riding next week.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Tell us really - that's JNC's Jeep isn't it?

Baked Alaskan

thankfully I now have a Les Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownrash
    ...but ina good way.
    Racer-X, ahh the good old shredder days of youth - when playing 100 m.p.h. was considered cool - when every guitar player thought mind numbing scale runs meant you could play. And all of it was done on crappy axes with no tone like the Ibanez in the pic, those were the days...

Baked Alaskan
    That is super cheap! I called them today and for a Silver Pearl they quoted me $85? wtf? I thought it was supposed to be 45.
    I didn't get any pearl - probably the cost difference???

Members who have read this thread: 0