Thread: Older DHR worth

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Older DHR worth

I'm looking to get a low budget race bike. I've been riding/racing a 2005 Kona Coiler since 05. It has been great but obviously not a DH bike, but it has held up to racing expert class. I'm fast, but bike is holding me back, been time to upgrade to a DH bike for a long time now but I'm broke college student. Cut to the chase.... I'm looking maybe picking up an older(2005 or so) DHR. What are these worth on average? I'm looking at a few with Boxxer on the front, romic on the back.. I'm tempted to be willing to spend 1500 dollars but at the same time I really shouldn't.. Should I hold out for a DHR that pops up for closer to 1200 or does that not happen... I'm seeing a lot of them around the 1500 dollar mark in pretty good shape... What do you guys think?
    Nick

mtbr member
    I just got a pretty good deal on an '06 DHR frame , used for about two months after Turner refurb, for $550. Then got a smokin' deal on an '08 RS Boxxer Team for $250. I have a bunch of other components hanging around and I am going to need wheels and brakes. Pretty cheap for an 'ideal' build. have you thought about building one up? I have seen '05's go fro around 1400 before, have you checkd Ridemonkey.com? http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-2/ad-13748/
    Good luck with your search!