ride your bike

Old skool question: 5pack

I've been digging and digging, but can't seem to find anything definitive.

If I threw a horst 5spot rear end on a horst 6pack front end, what would that get me geometry-wise?

Both are size MED, running 36 talas.

Thanks for any help/links.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    I've been digging and digging, but can't seem to find anything definitive.

If I threw a horst 5spot rear end on a horst 6pack front end, what would that get me geometry-wise?

Both are size MED, running 36 talas.

Thanks for any help/links.
    Which rocker to connect the two?

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Which rocker to connect the two?

_MK
    I assumed to use the spot rockers? But either to get what I want...

My goal with the combo would be a slightly lower BB and slacker HA than the 5spot with the 36 extended to 160mm.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    The lowest static BB you'll get with a 5 spot rocker. The lowest riding BB (+sag) you'll get with the 6pack rocker.

With 2.4 Advantages on a 6 Pack running stock rocker and 5 Spot rear end with a CC110 HS and 06 66SL set to 170mm my static BB was at 14.1in. I didn't measure the HA.

With smaller Tires (2.3 Highrollers) the BB was at 13.85 (or.75) can't remember.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

~~~~~~~~
    I dug this up a couple days ago for another thread, guess it needs to be in the FAQ's...

06 RFX/5 pack leverage curves and geometry measurements

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    I dug this up a couple days ago for another thread, guess it needs to be in the FAQ's...

06 RFX/5 pack leverage curves and geometry measurements
    Perfect. Thanks!

trail fairy
    Jubliee

The Pack/RFX 06 imo this is what worked best for me, note also with 160mm Fox Van coil and air shock 7.5x2.0 Spot rockers!

Slackest setting was with std RFX chain stays, gives a longer wheel base and keeps it slack and stable plus corners like a demon.

5 Spot seat stays, 5Spot rockers.

I had 67deg ha with Schwalbe Big Bettys and 66.7 there abouts with my Minions 2.5 fr 2.35 r.

I actually personally didn't like the full 5Spot rear combo, the BB raised the wheel base remained short even though the Eff TT is longer than a med Spot.

06 Spot med ETT is 23" 06 RFX/Pack is 23.4"

The bike rode higher in full rear Spot mode pedaled real well cornered fast but not as stable or slack and RFX CS/SPot SS/Spot rockers/ with the Spot /RFX mix in the rear the best of both was achieved for me maybe not you,.

You decide, but they were significant gains, add in 5.5 rockers and the best Turner to date imo fun function looks tunability to shocks and no BS!

Even though I really ate the DWL Spot better for longer distance charging, the longer wheel base of the RFX CS make the difference, I really liked this combo for the pure fun it gave me to ride, it was is a brilliant combo matched with a chubbie for ex I think one of the best ever even though some may be better in other area's all round this setup was killer funtastic.

If I was not so broken I would have kept mine! Oxymoron I know now my sole ride is a DHR lol, that's how I roll, just different to the rest of the flock
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs