Kiwi that Flew

Offset Bushings - Rear Clearance?

I'm considering installing this on my 5 Spot, but wonder how this would affect the seat stay clearance to the seat tube (when susp fully compressed)?
    Has anyone else tried these?

Offset Eyelet Lower Pin Kit - Turner Bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    There was a little discussion in this this thread (p18) 2011 5 Spot set-ups

Will depend how much that offset bushing is offset compared to the one I tried, but figure Turner has tried them so should be ok. On my '11 5 spot I only tried with a spare Fox Van and put an extra shim under the bottom out bumper so the rear tri yoke wouldn't touch the seat tube. I think I also filed a little off the yoke to help out too. It never made hard contact with the seat tube.

Kiwi that Flew
    Thanks for you reply and link
    2xT.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    5 Spot with dw link are very close. You should let some air out of shock and test by bouncing first. If you need more clearance, get a half bastard file and put a deeper radius in the cross piece. don't worry, the Burner and new Flux and Sultan and and don't even have a cross brace!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Would it be possible to go 7,75x2,25" shock, with this, then have a 155mm rear travel burner?

The idea being upping the shock lenght by 6mm, upping the stroke 6mm, lowering the point with 6mm, thus ending up with identical geo but longer travel.

mtbr member
    Increasing your travel with your idea may also increase the chance of tire hitting your seat tube,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Hi ,
    ive been mulling over the idea of using one of these offsett bushings to steepen My Burner, would i be correct in thinking this would create more clearance at full travel between the DW link and the bottom of the seat tube?

also that i may be able to run more sag for a more supple ride with out the bike feeling too slack

Only issue i see is i cant understand how the bushing would not try to rotate to its natural postition which would be to the slackening postition ie bolt hole in towards the shock

looking at the shock/rocker i think i would have to put it in the upper eyelet as it appears the shock body might interfere with the rocker if i put it in the lower one as this would lift the shock upwards..?

if my thinking has that right of course..:-0

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    as for slackening the burner, go 160 fork and it should be slack enough

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Increasing the stroke the same ammount as you lower the shock should end up with the exact same start position and stop position as stock burner then the bottom position of lowered burner, thus getting extra travel for free, should make it 155mm