Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

oakley balistic 3.7 shorts on chainlove

just grabed 2 pair at $51 per. the search is over.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bodhisattva
    They even have XXL for FoShizzle
    Life....the original terminal illness

too small for his mom though.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    Just got a pair of crazyarsed green.

I got my first pair of oakley balistics a couple of weeks ago... I'm now an official baggy convert. These are WAY more comfortable than a baggy shell over lycra cycling shorts. Thumbs up.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    just grabed 2 pair at $51 per. the search is over.

Good deal CC! I was in a meeting when they showed up, but I saw your post here before I checked my mail and saw they had showed up. I was about to buy the green ones, but I already have 5 pairs I rotate through, so I am good on shorts (all bought through SAC or CL.)

Weird things when I got my last 2 pairs a few weeks ago, they were $38 each. I wonder why they were $51 this time. Maybe this stock of them cost them more?

Lay off the Levers
    The last pair I bought was ~38 bucks too. Today's special has pockets and such. Guess they're a more expensive model?

thanx for the pm last night. very cool of ya but i have it covered now obviously.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    The last pair I bought was ~38 bucks too. Today's special has pockets and such. Guess they're a more expensive model?

I am not sure. Those are exactly like the ones I got last time for $38, but I got a black pair and a red pair. Same pockets, vents, etc.

they are a big long, I wish they were a hair shorter, maybe and inch or so. But for the money and quality, totally worth it IMHO.

Lay off the Levers
    I just looked at my order history, my last pair were Oakley Descent Bike Shorts. They don't have exterior pockets. (one key pocket inside)
    They came with a pretty decent tire lever though. Price $44 bucks.

Guess you have to catch them on the right day. Is it my imagination or were the deals in SAC more aggressively priced than CL?

mtbr member
    I just looked at my order history, my last pair were Oakley Descent Bike Shorts. They don't have exterior pockets. (one key pocket inside)
    They came with a pretty decent tire lever though. Price $44 bucks.

Guess you have to catch them on the right day. Is it my imagination or were the deals in SAC more aggressively priced than CL?

I think you are right, I've gotten quite a bit of SAC seemingly cheaper than CL. Some Dakine Cross X gloves for $10, about 3 or 4 each of LS and SS oakley jerseys for about $16 each, Dakine Nomad pack for $35, etc etc.

The CL items do seem priced a bit higher, from what I have noticed

At least SAC/CL has helped me stock up on riding gear super cheaply. My wife just shakes her head when a package arrives from them now. The response is usually "What'd you get dirt cheap now?"

i think the descents were a shell only. i have seen the balistics in the sub $40 range before. my 1st pair were about 35 bones but for somethin this comfy and well made, ill gladly pay 50. lookin fwd to checkin out the 2 pc design you guys all rave about. my older balistics were a 1 pc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    Not a Shell.
    My decents definatley are lined. Very comfortable.

mtbr member
    Zilla, do the Descents have a chamy liner, just not removable? I was thinking they were shell only also.

CC, the 2 piece Ballistics are night and day better than the 1 piece I find. I used to have a pair of the older ones like you have on in your pic.

EDIT: forgot go add, the best thing about the 2 piece one is that if the chamy liner every wears out, you can just buy some spandex chamy of your choice, and still wear the shorts over top.

Bite Me.
    Thanks for the heads up - 2 pr are on the way - I assume these are sized like the other pairs I have - way bigger than normal - I usually wear a medium, but in Oakleys I have to get small to avoid swimming in them. That green is sick 'Zilla, not for me, but I think you could pull it off with your Adidas sneakers on the skinnies
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

cool. i thought they were shells so i passed em by.

still plenty left in the "green line" color and a few smalls in "new khaki". remember, the mediums fit big, more like a large.
    No, I'm NOT back!

It's carbon dontcha know.
    They came with a pretty decent tire lever though.
    The Oakley levers bend like hot fudge when trying to mount DH tires. After I bent all of mine trying to get a 2.5 Nev mounted I had to go to the LBS to get it done.

The Ballistic's seem to run slightly big, I picked up some of the Ballistic 3.6's last year (with one pair in the bright yellow/green) from SAC for $37.50, I prefer the MTB 3.6's which cost $26 from SAC and are similar.

mtbr member
    yup, the do run bigger than usual. I still have to wear a large though, and just cinch up the buttons on the inside.

I must be in between sizes, b/c there is no way in hell i could fit in a medium chamy liner, the large one is almost tight. Ideally i think i'd be better with large liners and medium shells.

6th, I have a pair of the MTB 3.6's as well, I like them also. I also have two pairs of the 3.6 Ballistics, and one thing I notice with all three is they have that mesh liner on the inside, where as the 3.7 Ballistics don't have a liner, thus making them a tad cooler I found.

I also noticed that the only real difference b/w the 3.6 and 3.7 ballistics besides the liner is the material. The 3.6 have a ripstop type material all over, and a canvas type on the pockets. The 3.7's are the other way around, ripstop pockets and canvas everywhere else.

There's way more than anyone wanted to know about them.

Roy
    mtbr member
    I 5th the Oakleys run big. The good thing about the Ballistics being a 2-piece'er is the chamois is quality and you could use it in other non-lined shorts.

Anyone know if the Oakley jerseys run similarly big or are they more normal?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy

Anyone know if the Oakley jerseys run similarly big or are they more normal?

The jersey's are more normal. I always wear a large in anything, and they fit well. Tad roomier for comfort on the trail, but I def wouldn't want them in mediums.

theyre pretty big and baggy which is just fine with me. its the shorts fallin off my ass that bugs me.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    Well maybe I is jest phat. Because the XL decents fit fairly snug. I like em as they're baggy looking but not billowy and dont snag all over the place.

I ordered XXL balistics in hopes to get my armored shorts underneath. The green was my only choice.

The liner in the decents is sewn-in stretch-mesh fabric. No chamis.Sorta like what you'd see inside a pair of swim trunks only more comfy.

then i chose wisely, for my tastes anyway. thanx for the clarification.
    No, I'm NOT back!