Thread: Nuts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Nuts?

Where can I purchase Sultan dropout pivot nuts other than Turner? My hardwear store did not have them.

mtbr member
    Your hardware store sucks. They're just standard nyloc nuts. Maybe a try hobby/modeling store. They're very similar to various bits that were used on my old R/C car. If not, I'm sure McMaster carry them.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    hardware stores are not the place to go for quality and selection of high grade fasteners. try a place like the local fastenal. i picked up a big handfull of grade 8 shock mount h/ware for next to nuthin. keep in mind the nuts are very low profile these days and a match may be tough to find. dont settle for somethin too thick or ya may have contact issues with the chain as it shifts up n down the cog stack or with the threads engaging the nylon.

the local turner dealer should have a pivot kit in stock or maybe you can find a local homer with some spare bits. stop by iowa with some beer and ill loan ya a new set. ill be home till 6 when we go for a ride.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Ok, here's the thing. The dropout fastener kit Turner sent me consisted of 2 replacement allen head screws, 2 non-nylon equiped nuts that each have a small collar that the screw passes through before reaching the threads. The collar seems like it is important for a proper fit. Also included, are 2 "longer" screws and 2 nylon equiped nuts that are flat on one side with no collar. These longer screws and nuts don't appear to go with the Sultan. I thought that the kit may be a universal dropout kit that is applicable to other Turners. If I could use the non-collar nylon nut, they would be easy to get. I think I am only able to use the more difficult to find collared nuts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316
    Ok, here's the thing. The dropout fastener kit Turner sent me consisted of 2 replacement allen head screws, 2 non-nylon equiped nuts that each have a small collar that the screw passes through before reaching the threads. The collar seems like it is important for a proper fit. Also included, are 2 "longer" screws and 2 nylon equiped nuts that are flat on one side with no collar. These longer screws and nuts don't appear to go with the Sultan. I thought that the kit may be a universal dropout kit that is applicable to other Turners. If I could use the non-collar nylon nut, they would be easy to get. I think I am only able to use the more difficult to find collared nuts.
    Nobody knows where to get the "collared" nuts other than Turner?