Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

the not so great wall of iowa

squish, squash and myself met for a ride today to introduce squash to the local dirt now that hes taken a job workin for his kid in the shop i just left. not a epic but we pulled off a few cool shots. happy day to all you muthahs!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Very cool pics

Nice Blur effect there Cactus

mtbr member
    In this situation (the third foto), I would move the camera to follow the rider and achive a blurred background & a more or less sharp rider.
    I had alot of luck with this one .... as example

Last edited by ritzelflitzer; 05-15-2006 at 03:43 AM.

"Its All Good"
    That must be a kiwi in that shot, those shorts are the New Zealand team shorts, am sure of it................. Go the dude form down under.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    in reply to whafe ....
    fotos are from 2005 downhill WC in Livignio.
    I have seen other kiwis?

Quote Originally Posted by ritzelflitzer
    In this situation (the third foto), I would move the camera to follow the rider and achive a blurred background & a more or less sharp rider.
    thanx guys. the first 3 are pics of squish that i took, the 4th he took of me in my new 661 kit out for its devirginizing. thanx dt! i dug the super loose feel of the shorts and shirt. the 4x2 pads i added myself were pretty comfy. i never really felt the elbow pads but the knee armor will take some gettin use to.

for me, photos are always a grand experiment. the new camera makes it more so. plenty of settings to understand and employ so im still takin baby steps. in the pic i took, you can see i was followin the subject but got some blur anyway and i kinda liked the effect i got thought the intent was more like yers. he chose to focus on the background and let my ghost image add some character and i love it. what i need to do is take some classes and learn how to get the shot i want, not luck into somethin by accident.
    No, I'm NOT back!

"Its All Good"
    in my opinion, it is very hard to photograph moving objects with todays auto little digi cameras, they may well have 7 megapix etc. But the shutter speed is terrible. If I wish to take some good pics, I always take my Digi SLR.

Speedy things are not easy, got to get that panning right. Here is a couple from the F1 in Barcelona yesterday.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

stop teasing me! get those f1 pics up so i can enjoy em when i get home tonight. off to the big 1st day of work.
    No, I'm NOT back!

"Its All Good"
    in my opinion, it is very hard to photograph moving objects with todays auto little digi cameras, they may well have 7 megapix etc. But the shutter speed is terrible. If I wish to take some good pics, I always take my Digi SLR.

Speedy things are not easy, got to get that panning right. Here is a couple from the F1 in Barcelona yesterday.

Team Blindspot

You got it all wrong...........

[QUOTE=ritzelflitzer]In this situation (the third foto), I would move the camera to follow the rider and achive a blurred background & a more or less sharp rider.

He was taking a pic of the foliage, and CC happened to ride through the shot
    Astigmatic Visionary

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Coop pics CC.

Uh, nice pants!
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe

Not a fan of Alonso, eh?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangerider
    Not a fan of Alonso, eh?
    How did you guess! No, when I first moved to Barcelona in January, I was staying in a hotel etc, where by he was staying. He is a rude prat. Has not even the politeness to say hello, when I said hello. I then happened to talk to the hotel manager and said that Alonso is not very polite. He stated that he was a rude Wayne Ker, and everyone complains about him. I know he is a star and all that. But us people from New Zealand kinda frown when someone cannot say hello.

I just think that he is a prat, fullstop. He thinks that F1 is 95% driver and 5% car....

Anyway, I dont loose sleep over it..............

mtbr member
    How did you guess! No, when I first moved to Barcelona in January, I was staying in a hotel etc, where by he was staying. He is a rude prat. Has not even the politeness to say hello, when I said hello. I then happened to talk to the hotel manager and said that Alonso is not very polite. He stated that he was a rude Wayne Ker, and everyone complains about him. I know he is a star and all that. But us people from New Zealand kinda frown when someone cannot say hello.

I just think that he is a prat, fullstop. He thinks that F1 is 95% driver and 5% car....

Anyway, I dont loose sleep over it..............
    I hadn't heard that about him, but he does appear quite pouty on the podium if he isn't on top.
    I wasn't able to stay up late enough to catch the race Sunday morning , and it wasn't replayed, so I'm relegated to reading about it. Can't wait for the USGP.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangerider
    I hadn't heard that about him, but he does appear quite pouty on the podium if he isn't on top.
    I wasn't able to stay up late enough to catch the race Sunday morning , and it wasn't replayed, so I'm relegated to reading about it. Can't wait for the USGP.
    I am enjoying living in Barcelona, Europe at present, usually in New Zealand the time zone does not really allow us to watch the races live. I must say these new 8 cylinder cars have a far higher pitched scream to them. I am a McClaren fan tho, its the New Zealand heritage years back................. Kimi is great, a great guy too, wonder how he will go with the red team with the black horse...............

mtbr member
    I am enjoying living in Barcelona, Europe at present, usually in New Zealand the time zone does not really allow us to watch the races live. I must say these new 8 cylinder cars have a far higher pitched scream to them. I am a McClaren fan tho, its the New Zealand heritage years back................. Kimi is great, a great guy too, wonder how he will go with the red team with the black horse...............
    It's good to see them winning again. How can you tell that Kimi is a good guy? He only has one expression Stoicism at a new level.

I really hope Speed is able to make it. With some decent results, maybe he'll improve his ride and get a podium or two in the next years...