mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Not that I would but,,,,,,

I have a 6 pack for trail and a Demo 8 (06) for freeride. The Demo is an amazing bike that has lived up to my expectations but, I've been eyeballing the Highline for some time now, the question is, would you swich frames? Does anyone have time on both bikes? Does the Highline have any annoying traits eg: brakejack, brakelock, feedback through the pedals, play in the rear end, breakages.
    I would love to have two Turners in the quiver to choose from.
    It would take a lot to sell the Demo.
    The Highline would have to be a true FR bike.

Any feedback would help. Thanks
    --I did search and read quite a bit, but some time has passed for problems to spring up----
    Also weight ranges with 888 vs. 66

Lay off the Levers
    Have you seen this thread here?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Thanks

That helped a lot. If anyone else wants to chime in, that would be great.
    I agree that straight line stability is awesome with the Demo 8. I dont think the author really free rode the D8.. The bike is so stable and predictable in the air. I've just done my biggest drop to date up in Mammoth on the Flow drop 10+ ft and another OC drop 13-15ft. Both to perfect trannys and long runouts. Very confidence inspiring. The other amazing thin about the D8 is its ability to carry speed over extremely rough rock guardens.....anyway blah blah.
    Hands down the Highline looks sick as all hell. You might see an ad on Mtbr soon for an 06 rootbeer Demo 8.