\|/Home of the Braves\|/

North GA riding - trip report!

I took a ride today with a group of friends in North GA. We did a strech of trail called the Pinhoti that gave us a 25 mile ride that was almost all on sweet singletrack.
    Below we have (L to R): LoneStar (Ventana Pantera), johnmre (Burner), cyclesmith (Blur), Jim (Giant HT), Brad's hidden (Racer-X), Al (Burner), and me behind the camera on the new Spot. We were taking a break after a few miles of climbing before a 2.2 mile DH run that was all ridgeline running on singletrack.

After that DH run we broke out on a fire road and did short ride to the rest of the climb. That was pretty much tight singletrack loaded with switchbacks, jumps, and roots.

After about a 14 mile climb we blazed back down. It was well worth the climb because we got to shoot down all those switchbacks and whoops! We stopped for a while and took some runs at a jump for pictures. Here's johnmre and cyclesmith hitting it right then Brad puckering (he did stay upright)!

The ride down was much faster than the ride up and we had a blast. We even got to ride with the local "trail guide". This dog stuck with me for a couple miles. Granted it took a few shortcuts but he could run!

A fun time was had by all. It was everything a day-long hall pass should be
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Redrocker,
    That looks some great riding. One of these days i will get up their to ride with you all. I know i have talked with SSinGA a few times to ride. Maybe all three could get up for a ride.

m
    I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction-B. Hussein Obama

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    It was a fun trip. There's plenty of good riding in north GA. Lots within an hour/hour and a half of Atlanta. Post something up and we can give it a shot!
    Big hoopy.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    It was a fun trip. There's plenty of good riding in north GA. Lots within an hour/hour and a half of Atlanta. Post something up and we can give it a shot!
    SSinGA is back in GA tonight. Weather this week looks bad so we'll hold anut and see what the weekend brings.
    Nothing to see here.

Shot Down in Flames...
    Sorry, I couldn't make it today. New baby blues.

Looks like you all had a helluva nice time.

Hit me up for next weekend.

D.

Having a nice day!
    Nice pics and an even better ride! That was my first time at this new trail and it is a great one. More climbing than I have ever done in a single day, but also more downhills. I agree, it was what an epic day should be.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    More pictures have been uploaded here by Al. Turner content, some great scenery, and dudes having fun!
    Did you know that dogs dig Turners?
    Big hoopy.

Al.
    Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    More pictures have been uploaded here by Al. Turner content, some great scenery, and dudes having fun!
    Did you know that dogs dig Turners?
    These Labs were very interested in red rocker for some reason.

More cool trail dog pics: