Thread: Nobby Nic?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Nobby Nic?

Anybody know anything about the new Schwalbe Nobby Nic? I stumbled across it on their website while trying to check out the Big Betty tire.

Sounds like it could be this year's "it" tire, maybe even dethroning the beloved Nevegal/Blue Groove/Sturdy trifecta.

This probably belongs on the tire forum, but I'm pretty sure more fun will be had with it here. Any bets on how long b4 this thread goes completely sideways from the original question?
    Last edited by kosmo; 03-06-2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: missing word and/or Jimmy Hoffa found
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

Bodhisattva
    See here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...99#post1634099

I'm running a 2.25 Nic in the rear and 2.4 Big Betty up front and digging it thus far.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    I tried the 2.4 Racing Ralphs and had a lot of issues. The rubber compound seemed to be very hard. They had no grip on rocks, roots and what not to the point of being dangerous. Tried lowering the PSI and did not mae much of a difference.

Went back to the Maxxis 2.35 High Rollers. Heavy but steady......

Chris

Time is not a road.
    Are the Nic and the Betty the same height off the rim?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I am running a 2.25 NN on the rear of my SS and rode yesterday for a couple of hours in the snow it provided gobs of traction.... and it is very light. Check my post on the same thread that Squeaky posted and this one Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25

Cheers,
    Cris
    Last edited by crisillo; 03-06-2006 at 02:46 PM. Reason: added link

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Are the Nic and the Betty the same height off the rim?
    No. BB is taller.

― Albert Einstein

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I'm running a 2.25 Nic in the rear and 2.4 Big Betty up front and digging it thus far.
    How does the Big Betty compare to the Fat Albert?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Any bets on how long b4 this thread goes completely sideways from the original question?
    so i had this friend we called naughty nick. the tales he would tell of his dates with the girlies! i remember this one time...... oh, did i stray from the intended topic again? sorry kos. back to you.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    How does the Big Betty compare to the Fat Albert?
    Betty is bigger, more aggressive & has stickier rubber.
    I've never been a huge fan of Fat Albert. I use one in the rear when light snow is on the ground because it bites through snow fairly well, but other than that I think it's rather average. FA is OK as a rear tire but I don't like its bite up front.

― Albert Einstein