not so super...

No Problem with Bling

Well, not really bling but some fun additions.

Blackspire guide with color coordinating MRP roller. Plus an FSA polycarb bash ring.

The FSA bash gaurd is only 90g compared to the 70g of a FSA 44t chainring and is 10mm wide. This is a 32t model and it also comes in a 34t.
    Nothing to see here.

Bite Me.
    Nice. That means you can pack ten more grams of beer on each ride!
    I'm just doing SS now in the sh!tty weather so everything has to have something to do with beer - I guess it's a rule. Those SS dudes are almost as bad as Homers.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

solid gold plated
    nice stuff, have you used plastic bash rings much before hand, can they take much punishment? im looking to buy one myself and saw the Blackspire C4 Ring God which looks ok, except ive gone to their website and they dont seem to sell the item itself too well, claiming "i need this to look cool outside starbucks"
    a message of inspiration from your friends at yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Nice. That means you can pack ten more grams of beer on each ride!
    I'm just doing SS now in the sh!tty weather so everything has to have something to do with beer - I guess it's a rule. Those SS dudes are almost as bad as Homers.
    Renny - what's 10g converted to oz? Might be better off if I took tequila vs beer!

These will go on when I do the annual tear-down maintenance sometime this week.

Da - this is my first "plastic" bash ring. We'll see how this lightweight version of the E13 holds up.
    Nothing to see here.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    The FSA bash gaurd is only 90g compared to the 70g of a FSA 44t...
    gee, that is gonna go a long way to make up for your new shock weight

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nice. I'm a big fan of Blackspire stuff.

The color coordination is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by TLud; 01-08-2007 at 08:59 PM.

involuntary dismounter
    cool bling dude...10g of tequila is about 0.35 oz...not much...only one solution: you'll have to pack less water...or maybe even do a 50/50 water/tequila mix.

by the way...the color coordination of the roller with the bike...SWEET!!!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

Lay off the Levers
    I have a C4X and a Stinger I plan on putting on my Spot's XTR crankset:

Man, is this ring THIN! I mean vertically. I'm used to the Herculean E13. I will mount this with the full knowledge that it's just to replace my big ring and keep me from gouging my calf. It's an XTR ring... built for weight I guess: 60g (0.13lbs) I realize the lack of meat is due to the fact the XTR spider arms reach all the way to the base of the teeth on the big ring. There's no place left to go unless you want the BG to be the size of a dinner plate.

The Stinger came in at 80g (0.17lbs)

SS, is the MRP roller noticeably softer than the stock Stinger roller?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

trail fairy
    Wow Ssinga looks hawt

Just replaced my E13 with Stinger ISCG model on my RFX am stoked awesome
    and put non ISCG on my buds Spot (Spotz) and have one for my Spot for trail thats how sold we were, I like the we wabbit

I was happy with the E13 but with the Stinger its like its not there very happy

FO ya got yr CG yet disapointed no more pics of yr 38lb lightweight real build budget RFX in battle and Chubbie additions wheres the love bro ya know ya gotta share in Hommerville...
    Last edited by trailadvent; 01-09-2007 at 12:59 AM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    SS, is the MRP roller noticeably softer than the stock Stinger roller?
    It is a little softer so we'll see if it is any quieter than the Heim I've been running for the last 4 years.

One thing to note: The BS roller only had 1 bearing where the MRP has 2.
    Nothing to see here.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    SSINGA,

As I posted on Warp's thread in the Titus forum, I have used the FSA bash for about a year on my SS and it works just fine for the occasional log grind , but I don't ride aggressively... so take it as you will
    Last edited by crisillo; 01-09-2007 at 08:02 AM.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    agreed...me want one of dem!

rr
    I don't do PC
    So are you gonna have to modify the Stinger to fit the frame with the tabs? I'm running the ISCG version and it has been flawless.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    So are you gonna have to modify the Stinger to fit the frame with the tabs? I'm running the ISCG version and it has been flawless.
    I heard that I might have to. I went with the BB mount over the ISCG because I have hit the Heim before and it just moved out of the way vs breaking. Nothing a little dremel work can't take care of I suppose.

I'll do another post with the fitment details.

Crissillo - mostly logs around here and I rarely hit the alu one I have. Now if E13 would make that trans orange in a 32t version I'd be happy to give my FSA to Fo.
    Nothing to see here.

solid gold plated
    hey all, im on the cusp of ordering one of those stingers myself, but im unsure if my BB has or hasnt got a spacer installed or not. im fair sure it does, but i thought id take some pics and find some kind fellews to help

soooooo if any of you can make anything from that cack handed fuzzy picture id be most grateful, cheers
    Last edited by da_eddio; 03-01-2007 at 05:42 AM.
    a message of inspiration from your friends at yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by da_eddio
    hey all, im on the cusp of ordering one of those stingers myself, but im unsure if my BB has or hasnt got a spacer installed or not. im fair sure it does, but i thought id take some pics and find some kind fellews to help

soooooo if any of you can make anything from that cack handed fuzzy picture id be most grateful, cheers
    da Ed - looks like a spacer (I think) what BB and cranks are those?
    Nothing to see here.

It looks like 1 or 2 spacers, is it a 68mm BB?

solid gold plated
    the cranks are Raceface Evolve XC and the BB is a Raceface Srx ISIS, i darent say what frame they are connected too in this turner forum though....

and yes the BB is 68mm and the cranks//bb arent the external type

the cranks are Raceface Evolve XC and the BB is a Raceface Srx ISIS, i darent say what frame they are connected too in this turner forum though....

and yes the BB is 68mm and the cranks//bb arent the external type
    Then I expect you have a BB spacer, if I am not mistaken most ISIS BBs are 73mm and use adapters for the 68mm frames...

solid gold plated
    erm, i know that this isis bb is interchangeable to a 73mm shell size so that idea about the adaptor seems right.

i assume if i were to fit the stinger that i simply remove that spacer closest to the frame and sandwich the stinger in there?

erm, i know that this isis bb is interchangeable to a 73mm shell size so that idea about the adaptor seems right.

i assume if i were to fit the stinger that i simply remove that spacer closest to the frame and sandwich the stinger in there?

It depends if the stinger is 2.5mm wide or 5mm, if it is 2.5mm you would need one of the spacers that the integrated cranks use to make up for it... if the stinger is 5mm you are good to go..

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    One thing to note: The BS roller only had 1 bearing where the MRP has 2.
    Indeed. The Spire has one Enduro bearing and the two Mountain Speed rollers I got have two chineese bearings. How that figures in the grand scale of durability is anyone's guess.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    It depends if the stinger is 2.5mm wide or 5mm, if it is 2.5mm you would need one of the spacers that the integrated cranks use to make up for it... if the stinger is 5mm you are good to go..
    I just measured it again. The stinger is exactly 3.5mm wide or 1mm wider than a standard Shimano x-type BB spacer (=2.5+1mm) I don't suppose an extra 1mm should make a big deal difference unless you already have a very sensitive chainline.

Lay off the Levers
    Ring God C4X on pre '07 XTR crankset:

My Spot is now my light trail bike so this BG won't ge getting the thrashing my E13 gets. I'll let you know how it does anyay.

Custom User Title
    Ring God C4X on pre '07 XTR crankset:

My Spot is now my light trail bike so this BG won't ge getting the thrashing my E13 gets. I'll let you know how it does anyay.
    Looks good BZ, where did you pick it up at? I haven't seen any online yet.

Lay off the Levers
    The Usual suspects...
    Stinger from Chad @ Redbarn.
    C4X from Larry @ Mountain High Cyclery.

Both excellent sources.

not so super...
    Indeed. The Spire has one Enduro bearing and the two Mountain Speed rollers I got have two chineese bearings. How that figures in the grand scale of durability is anyone's guess.

FWIW the MRP roller has 2 Enduro bearings and works well mounted to a Heim guide arm.
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers
    Nice. I'll probably just get the MRPs as I'll never wear the mountain speeds out. Hell my super soft e-13 is still kickin' and it's ~2yrs+ old.

Members who have read this thread: 0