Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: New RFX

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233

    New RFX

    It's all finished but there is no riding around here till we lose some snow pack. Turner makes a real nice frame. Top notch fit and finish.




  2. #2
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,971
    nice bike! nice build! nice pics! welcome.

    ps: snow sucks. ice sucks more.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smaxor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    970
    thats hot

  4. #4
    BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Reputation: ABQDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    788
    That's a really nice rig.
    "A splendid time was had by all and all were had." ~ Wire Train

  5. #5
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,959
    beauty, is that a 55 or 66?
    I like bikes.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    beauty, is that a 55 or 66?
    66. Thanks for positive comments everyone. Can't wait for a real ride, may head south with it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Serotta b1kr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    265
    congrats, looks awesom! can you detail the build? and ride report after the first ride.
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Serotta b1kr
    congrats, looks awesom! can you detail the build? and ride report after the first ride.
    Sure. Ride report may be awhile though...

    Frame:08 Med RFX Bronze
    Shock: RP 23
    Fork: 2009 66 ATA
    Headset: Hope
    Stem: Sunline V1 All Mountain
    Bar: Sunline OS
    Grips: Spank Chocolate
    Brakes: Formula Mega
    Crank/BB/Ring: XT, Race Face Bash
    Chainguide: Blackspire Stinger
    Shifters: SRAM X.9
    Rear Der: SRAM X.9 Medium Cage
    Front Der: SLX (2 ring specific)
    Chain: Sram 991
    Cassette: XT
    Pedals: Deity Platform/Shimano 647
    Seatpost Quick Release: Hope
    Seatpost: Thompson Elite
    Saddle: WTB
    Wheels:I9 Enduro 20 MM front/10 MM rear
    Tires: Big Betty 2.4 front/Fat Albert 2.35 rear

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    247
    Purty!

  10. #10
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,745
    TOTM worthy.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,353
    Lovely bike and choice of components - plus you join an elite group of Americans (.01 of the population) that knows the difference between lose and loose. Well done that man.

  12. #12
    Alaska Turner Mafia
    Reputation: EndoRando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    It's all finished but there is no riding around here till we lose some snow pack.
    Say What! Don't let a little snow stop ya. Sounds like you're a patient man!

    Nice build, sharp. Now get out there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: xtr444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    370
    Nice bronze color!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    Say What! Don't let a little snow stop ya. Sounds like you're a patient man!

    Nice build, sharp. Now get out there!
    I ride in the snow around here all the time. But it's just packed flat trails like your on. Good for exercise but I want to try this rig out on rocks, steeps, jumps and stuff like that. I do like the snow for other pursuits though. That's a beautiful pic, BTW. Awesome scenery.


  15. #15
    'All over it!'
    Reputation: lornibear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,105
    That is one lovely RFX there, looks the shizzle with that 66 on it. Looking foward to a ride report....?

  16. #16
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,652
    Geez been awhile since we sen someone put a 66 on a new RFX even if air up front n rear hawt and not ott all over NOICe

    Killa looking slopie too, killa cool congrats victim hope ya don't live up to that handle, nice coms on the finish too, post some moar ride pics over time be good to see it dirte whose ya posse!

    chir..

    Oh and know I now how Fo gets all his cool bikes that garage door is making him royalities dam it
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  17. #17
    Captain Underpants
    Reputation: Random Drivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,300
    MEGAs--you have chosen wisely.

    Nice colors, gold and silver. I'm digging it.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,521
    Very nice and the way a RFX beckons to be built!

    What do you think the weight is on that thing, I am guessing around 34 lbs? (I favor 34-36lb RFX builds myself for heavy duty trail/AM riding)

    Good stuff,

    JG
    Ride On!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Very nice and the way a RFX beckons to be built!

    What do you think the weight is on that thing, I am guessing around 34 lbs? (I favor 34-36lb RFX builds myself for heavy duty trail/AM riding)

    Good stuff,

    JG
    Thanks. I'm not sure on the weight, but it doesn't feel heavy at all. I'm going to put it on a buddy's scale because I'm curious too. It's going to get heavier though, I'm thinking of going coil on the back. I don't need another XC rig!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    MEGAs--you have chosen wisely.

    Nice colors, gold and silver. I'm digging it.
    Yea I'm really digging the Mega's. My first ride they basically didn't work so I gave them both a full bleed (shortened the front hose too). Then I got a decent bed in on a steep hill by my house and now gobs of power and so smooth too. I've got four ride in on this bike and I really can't believe how nice it pedals for the amount of travel. Super plush too, but in reality with the amount of snow on the trails here I know I haven't seen what the bike can do yet.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Geez been awhile since we sen someone put a 66 on a new RFX even if air up front n rear hawt and not ott all over NOICe

    Killa looking slopie too, killa cool congrats victim hope ya don't live up to that handle, nice coms on the finish too, post some moar ride pics over time be good to see it dirte whose ya posse!

    chir..

    Oh and know I now how Fo gets all his cool bikes that garage door is making him royalities dam it
    The air in the front is probably staying, but the back's going coil me thinks...

  22. #22
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    , I'm thinking of going coil on the back. I don't need another XC rig!
    Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    The air in the front is probably staying, but the back's going coil me thinks...
    Love it I always wanted to try the 66sls up front on mine but being here in NZ and No Renny to do my mods I couldn't take the risk on the reliability probs so I been a coil only on the RFX.

    I have no iss with ya choice of that fork its bam dude be looking to see what coil ya go on the rear, I'm diggin ya thinking mang

    Enjoy, the RFX coil group is a small one these days
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  23. #23
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Looks sweet!
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    Thanks. I'm not sure on the weight, but it doesn't feel heavy at all. I'm going to put it on a buddy's scale because I'm curious too. It's going to get heavier though, I'm thinking of going coil on the back. I don't need another XC rig!
    Cool, I think you would dig the coil too, worth the extra weight IMO. I would probably recommend and would get and Avy Chubbie to lower the bike a bit, so you can run fork in full travel on the descents without feeling too high up on bike for optimally cornering and handling. But, if the RP3 feels good to you, I would probably just stick with that, just make sure you get it Pushed so it feels nice and plush out back.
    Ride On!

  25. #25
    Captain Underpants
    Reputation: Random Drivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,300
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    Yea I'm really digging the Mega's. My first ride they basically didn't work so I gave them both a full bleed (shortened the front hose too). Then I got a decent bed in on a steep hill by my house and now gobs of power and so smooth too. I've got four ride in on this bike and I really can't believe how nice it pedals for the amount of travel. Super plush too, but in reality with the amount of snow on the trails here I know I haven't seen what the bike can do yet.
    They do take a while to bed in, but once done you are rewarded with gobs of stopping power.

    Also agree that for the most part, the RFX is a surprisingly good pedaler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •