Thread: New RFX!!

Knollician

New RFX!!

I just received the frame today. Everything else is off of my Yeti 575 (which I loved dearly for the 3 months I have owned it). I want to thank Krispy and Von over at Go-Ride as they were very helpful in making my decision, and their service is excellent.

This is my first Turner and it was an easy choice as I ride with several guys that have 6-Packs, and one of them made the transition from a 575. I really liked the idea of a DHX coil for the DH and tech we have here in Phoenix.

I have to say that I admire DT. I love the fact that he interacts with people on this board, and actually listens to what his customers have to say.

Well, on to the good stuff.

06 Medium Grey Anodized
    05 AM1
    King/819
    XTR crank/front and rear derailluers
    Juicy 7's 185 front and rear
    Thomson seatpost and stem
    Race Face Carbon bar

I'll be hitting SOMO-National tomorrow to break it in right

(Sorry for the poor pics, taken at night)

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Congratulations on the new ride! Now go give it a good break-in and take some pictures in its proper habitat.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Congratulations on the new ride! Now go give it a good break-in and take some pictures in its proper habitat.

Thanks, I'll get right on that after work today

mtbr member
    great bike and great build. Enjoy.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

fried stuff with cheese
    So sweet. I really got to get one of these.......now if I could only figure out a way to pay for it.
    Egg

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Nice -I like the light gray ano

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    I just received the frame today. Everything else is off of my Yeti 575 (which I loved dearly for the 3 months I have owned it). I want to thank Krispy and Von over at Go-Ride as they were very helpful in making my decision, and their service is excellent.

This is my first Turner and it was an easy choice as I ride with several guys that have 6-Packs, and one of them made the transition from a 575. I really liked the idea of a DHX coil for the DH and tech we have here in Phoenix.

I have to say that I admire DT. I love the fact that he interacts with people on this board, and actually listens to what his customers have to say.

Well, on to the good stuff.

06 Medium Grey Anodized
    05 AM1
    King/819
    XTR crank/front and rear derailluers
    Juicy 7's 185 front and rear
    Thomson seatpost and stem
    Race Face Carbon bar

I'll be hitting SOMO-National tomorrow to break it in right

(Sorry for the poor pics, taken at night)

HI I am moving to Phoenix and wondering if my flux has enough travel for the trails there. I am an aggresive xc rider.
    Thanks ED

I've got a Stiffee
    Sweet looking bike, I do like the '06 grey better than my '05. Enjoy!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    very nice indeed. do a lap for me. im burried in snow yet again and this time its the wet unrideable stuff. woh is me.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by ED2525
    HI I am moving to Phoenix and wondering if my flux has enough travel for the trails there. I am an aggresive xc rider.
    Thanks ED

You'll love it here. You're Flux will excel at 90% of the trails here. There are only a few super technical trails that may make you wishing for more. PM me when you get here, we do group rides all of the time and would loe to have you along. We'll show you the ropes.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    Sweet looking bike, I do like the '06 grey better than my '05. Enjoy!

I love the finish, looks like it was apolished frame that they did a light grey ano over. Looks sweet... Thanks DT!

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    very nice indeed. do a lap for me. im burried in snow yet again and this time its the wet unrideable stuff. woh is me.

I'm sorry. In about 5 hours I'll be hitting National to Buena Vista and back. Perfect 71 degrees today

banned
    it looks a bit gold in the pics. I think that should be an idea for the next Turner color. I love gold, kind of like the one used on 80's German cars.

Flyin Canine
    I think you'll like it a lot. I test rode a 575 at interbike and found it blew through the travel too quick for me. The rfx ramps up nicely and should inspire more confidence in big situations.

Knollician
    Just got back from the maiden voyage and all i can say is "amazing". I love it, I think I may have found a keeper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    I want to thank Krispy and Von over at Go-Ride as they were very helpful in making my decision, and their service is excellent.
    have you ever seen V-Dub ride? he's got some crazy skills to match that good service.

nice bike, by the way.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by the Inbred
    have you ever seen V-Dub ride? he's got some crazy skills to match that good service.

nice bike, by the way.
    I hear both of those guys have crazy skills. They are great guys who really helped me work through the whole TNT or HL issue. They know their stuff.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    ya mean that champagne color? some think its kinda girly but not me. my mom had a bonneville in that finish and i always thought it was super cool. that doesnt make me gahy does it?
    No, I'm NOT back!