Thread: New Orange RFX

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New Orange RFX

Picture quality sucks but the bike is fantastic. Built specifically for a local trail (Oathill up five miles and then down rocky and loose). Especially happy with the overall ride quality and the 36/22 chainring set up is great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amphibious Technologies
    Nice. You even have a backup in case one breaks.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Go Fast, Take Chances.
    Nice looking bike(s). Color looks great.

Powered by ice cream.
    You have really long legs and a short torso I bet.

Orang + silver = nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

Fragile
    Looks great! Glad to hear you like the 22 / 36 as I think that's the route I will be taking with mine. I built mine with the stock Gravity Light 22 / 32, and was planning on riding it as is for a ride or two then switch to 22 / 36. My first ride on it will be this weekend.

Question. . .any shifting issues with 22 / 36? Do you have XT chainrings and chain?
    "It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat.'"

-- Judge Smails

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

rfx lowdown

THe backup- Made the 5spot lighter (wheelset and fork)- more xc/trail oriented

High seatpost- 32" inseam + xc background. My friends give me crap all time but it was I am used to.

36/22- no shifting issues so far. Raceface middle- sram chain. Good range- less overlap in gears. I think Shimano is about to introduce a SLX crankset that features 36/22 with a bashguard so I figured the 14 difference would still work. .

I was expecting a rash of shyte for building it too light/ no flats, but the it is perfect for what I wanted: a bike that could still do a long climb and but offered a boost in confidence/fun factor for rocky/steep descents.

Silence and Thunder...
    with all the peeps jumping on the Highline wagon, the RFX is the new Flux...

...LOVE the orange!
    ...every day sends future to past...