mtbr member

New Dubs Arrived Today!

I finally received my new wheels today. King hubs on mavic rims and dt swiss spokes. They will be replacing some ol xt centerlock wheels on my burner I've about got em ready to ride-all but installing the rim tape on the front (I ran out ) and the tires. I want to cleaner up before i put em on but its too cold! I dont no about the white skewers yet, but they will do for now since they were cheap enough. Sorry for the blurry pics, my wife been using the camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Too wet to ride!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    those should work just fine. nice.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Same setup I use - make sure to true em up after the first ride or 2, just to check the tension.

Also the King rear hub needs to be checked for play after the first couple miles. The angular contact bearings seat in, and sometimes you need to take up a little slack. The 3mm bolt on the rotor side of the axle basically just needs to be loosened, and then retightened. Read the manual.

(I only mention this, cause mine developed play, and I hadn't bothered to read the manual. Freaked out a little that the King hub had play in it.)

mtbr member
    Aprreciate the heads up! I hope to break em in today or tomorrow.
    Too wet to ride!

Let's roll.
    A bit off topic but...

Where can I find some instructions on building that bike rack? Looks self supported, yeah? No stud anchors or anything is a plus, since I rent. Sorry for the thread jack.

Oh yeah, and nice wheels, too!

EDIT: On a second glance, it's apparent my coffee hasn't kicked in. It does look like there are anchor points about halfway up.
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallAirAndy
    A bit off topic but...

Where can I find some instructions on building that bike rack? Looks self supported, yeah? No stud anchors or anything is a plus, since I rent. Sorry for the thread jack.

Oh yeah, and nice wheels, too!

EDIT: On a second glance, it's apparent my coffee hasn't kicked in. It does look like there are anchor points about halfway up.
    Actually, I came up with it off my head. For the height, Just measure the overall length of your longest bike and add about foot to the measurement . You can make it as wide as you need(handlebar width apart) and set the bike anchors. It is floating, not anchored to the wall and the pic does not show it, but it has a 14" shelve across the very top too (very handy). I just kept modifying it to my needs. Easy to build. I can take a better picture this afternoon if you like and post it.
    Too wet to ride!

Moosehead
    +1 on the king/mavic setup, and +1 on taking the time to check and adjust the ck hubs. periodic ring lube goes a helluva long way as well. IMO the CK's are under rated in this era of I-9's, and just need a little love to keep 'em one of the most reliable and durable performance components on a bike. CK CS is also in the same league as Turner. enjoy.

Let's roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by prooperator
    Actually, I came up with it off my head. For the height, Just measure the overall length of your longest bike and add about foot to the measurement . You can make it as wide as you need(handlebar width apart) and set the bike anchors. It is floating, not anchored to the wall and the pic does not show it, but it has a 14" shelve across the very top too (very handy). I just kept modifying it to my needs. Easy to build. I can take a better picture this afternoon if you like and post it.
    I'd love more info and pics if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member

More details!

Quote Originally Posted by SmallAirAndy
    I'd love more info and pics if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!
    Here are some measurements-floor to the top of shelf 80", overall width 90", Floor to the bike hooks 68", leg feet 30". You can use this and create your own or just copy as you like. I used 2x6's because thats what I had left over from my house construction. I recommend using mainly 2x4's-they are cheaper and lighter. I can still move this one around by myself. Also, this bike holder was built for three bikes-you can build as wide as needed. Only took me about an hour or so to build. Here some pics. Good luck with yours!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Too wet to ride!