mtbr member

New DH Build - Stoked!

Just got the frame and fork yesterday and I am so excited..
    Build is something like the following:
    Turner DHR '06
    Fox DHX 5.0 w/ remote resi. / 450# Spring
    Shimano Saint M800 Cranks
    Shimano Ultegra Cassette 11-23T
    Shimano Dura Ace Rear Derailleur
    Intense 909 Fro's 2.5
    Chris King Devolution Headset
    2008 Rockshox Boxxer WC/Team
    Mavic 721 Black
    Hope Pro II Black
    DT Swiss Anodized Green Nipples
    DT Swiss REvolution 2.00 Spokes
    E13 LG1+ ISCG OLD 36T
    Avid Code/Elixir / Shimano Saint M810 Brakes
    Thomson 27.2 Straight Post Silver
    WTB Silverado Saddle
    Sunline Flat Bars 31.8x762mm
    KMC X9SL Chain

[Note: please ignore the college dorm-room background. Yes its like a cell, yes it sucks.]
    Any comments? Ill update the build on here as well when more parts roll in.
    Cheers!

Dark Horse Racing
    Loud color, looks like an FSA headset to me. Hurry up and lets see the finished build!

mtbr member
    The flash on the camera makes it look 'louder' than it is. And yes thats an FSA headset on it right now. Need some more money to finisher her up..

trail fairy
    Love it that will be hawt hawt hotty

Nothing wrong with the FSA headset either they are sweet, not everything has to be a King to be worthy!

Put the $$ elsewhere! Love that model, 1.5HT Oh yeahhhhhhhh

Drop the devolution, over kill priced that FSA is bullet proof esp if the cartridge ver 1.5-1/8th

Brakes I'm running Exilir Rs and Awesome again imo forget the bling and go straight for perfo=mance they are mega strong and I run a 203 up front and 185r al ya need and can really control the speed impressive and easy to bleed etc.

Maybe if ya can instead of the CK Headset put the extra into a Hadley rear hub, its a tue 150mm rear with proper spacing on the falnges and cassette body Ti do no alignment issues and you will get full benefit of 150mm spacing and less dish in the wheel so wil be stronger!

Hopes are sweet hubs but to get 150mm they use a spacer, the hub and flanges are still only 135mm, so not as strong a wheel.

Tires those Intense are boat anchors, get some Minions DHFs 3C ront and rear, with Maxxis welter weigth tubes use lots of talc and no valve stem ring.

Rest looks sweet as , can;t wait to see her built up
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Trailadvent: thanks for the help!
    Ill probably stick with the FSA unless the stack height is a problem in which case Ill go with a Cane Creek XXcii which has a 19mm stack height.
    Ill probably go for the Elixir R's like you said, I have had them on a few bikes and they rocked. The bling of the CR's is alluring though. Also, I'd like the R's with the adjustable banjos.
    The rear hub is 135mm on the frame so no worries about the Hub, otherwise I'd definitely go Hadley.
    I have a Minion 2.5 DHF which will surely go on there, just need another. Id like to snag the 3C when I have the cash.
    Ill post updated pics when parts get here, thanks for your advice!
    Cheers

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    Trailadvent: thanks for the help!
    Ill probably stick with the FSA unless the stack height is a problem in which case Ill go with a Cane Creek XXcii which has a 19mm stack height.
    Ill probably go for the Elixir R's like you said, I have had them on a few bikes and they rocked. The bling of the CR's is alluring though. Also, I'd like the R's with the adjustable banjos.
    The rear hub is 135mm on the frame so no worries about the Hub, otherwise I'd definitely go Hadley.
    I have a Minion 2.5 DHF which will surely go on there, just need another. Id like to snag the 3C when I have the cash.
    Ill post updated pics when parts get here, thanks for your advice!
    Cheers
    No worris bud shes gonna be a "stunner", have always loved that green on Turners.

Yeah the stack i a bit more than I would have liked also but Ive gotten it pretty dialed now, on fork e.g Boxxer ya should be able to use the low top crown, yours should be good to go also since ya 1.5HT and low HT height to begin with I suspect.

The Elixirs are impressive, can understand the bling all good, just performance for cost the same brakes essentially I have not missed the reach adj and everyone who touches mine are pretty impressed, so for me avid have come along way with this brake. I also didn't want hard to replace and high cost replacement parts like carbon levers etc prob not an issue for you guys, here always a consideration, so all good, go for it

Oh rear is 135 really, my mem is so bad and seems to be getting worse not better, I'm hard to talk too let alone type too all good Hopes are good hubs they just need to get a real 150mm read flanged hub sometime.

Sounds like ya got her well thought out that's for sure, you didn't mention stem so maybe some more options there with something like an RF Atlas DM that is reversible for normal or lower bar position with wide flat bar to work with ya FSA and crown setup on ya Boxxer WC?

Now get her built up dying to see it
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs