Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New CCDB CS Inline... our next shock?

20K views 85 replies 32 participants last post by  davosaurusrex 
#1 ·
I guess I'm not the only one disappointed with the CTD Fox in our Turner.
It's rough, tough, and hardsh. I hate it, it feels like a crap.

Well, now we have the new CCDB CS Inline. And I'm crazy to install it on my Burner.

My question is, we will have a base tune for our bikes like the other brands?

#3 ·
The CTD on my 2007 and the Fox evolution on my 2014 Sultan both work amazingly.

(I have also ridden the Cane Creek DB on a S-works enduro)

But maybe its because I am fat?

The info on it does look cool, however, I still could not duplicate what they did in the video, even with this shock.

#7 ·
I ordered one for my Burner a couple hours ago! I'm really excited about this switch; it's been a long time coming.

Regarding the base tunes: If you don't see your specific bike in the base tune section... Then keep an eye on "the lounge" section of Cane Creek's website. Folks are pretty good about posting their tunes there. Then again, it's the internet. Take the information found with a grain of salt.

#17 ·
DT thinks it's too big up top to clear the Czar's rocker, but that there is a chance.

I exchanged a few emails with them, and they were very interested in selling me a shock, but when I asked if they would send one for a "try on" which I would buy if it fit, they went silent on me!

I really have no complaints about my CTD, but I'm always a potential victim of ungrade-itis.

#27 ·
Just picked up a inline today at the shop for my 2011 spot. It didn't fit.the air can touches at the seat tube/bottom bracket junction.Even inverted it still won't fit. Fustrated I took out my grinding wheel and ground back the area that was in the shocks way....it fits! Didn't need to grind to much off and I have no worrys that I compramised the frame in any way. Used the base setting provided by CC site.seems very plush and the climb switch is sooo much better than the fox rp23. Can't wait to test it on the trails tomorrow. Sorry I have no pics of the set up.

2011 spot large
Fox float 36 160mm
Stans flow ex wheels /w maxis highroller 2
1x drivetrain /w wolftooth 42rear and 30tooth xt crank
Lev150 dropper
50mm thomson stem
30" raceface bars
31lbs

#30 ·
Offset bushings....don't know there was such a thing.worth a try.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Don't know why Turner made the shock mounts so tight. I would have put a standard cane creek db air on a long time ago if it would fit.

Got to ride the Spot today and a fine tune the inline.the stock setting provided by cane creek is a good starting point. I left the high speed settings alone but backed off on both low speed compression setting by a few clicks to make it more plush grinding up hills. Once idid that the shock got realy good and and took drops and jumps like the turner has never done before. Very solid shock.

I never really looked into the cane creek db air shocks before I got a banshee rune that came with one. There game changing shocks that can be tuned to be as active and supple as a coil shock. I'm sold on them and there new Inline is just as good! Highly recomended, even if you got to hack your frame to get them to fit.

#37 ·
They made the 2012 spot with more shock clearance. I think I read on the Cane Creek site that a db air will fit. That's the shock I would have put on if it would have fit my 2011.

Got several more rides in on my inline. Its amazing how supply it is and really sticks to the trail. Happy with the upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.