Thread: New Burner

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New Burner

Just got her built up, going out to ride tomorrow. I'm surprised at home much fatter the top tube is compared to my 2000 XCE. Feels a hair lighter too, but not enough to be noticable on the trail. As you can see, I prefer the stealth mode...

mtbr member
    The stealth mode looks cool. However, you missed the sticker on the Fox Propedal

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Gorgeous

Gorgeous.

I fear my Turner will go the same way at this rate by neccessity

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by jjcarr
    Just got her built up, going out to ride tomorrow. I'm surprised at home much fatter the top tube is compared to my 2000 XCE. Feels a hair lighter too, but not enough to be noticable on the trail. As you can see, I prefer the stealth mode...
    Sweet!

Why half V/Disk?

How about a ride report? I haven't read much on the ride and feel of the Burner.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    This is one of the Supergo bikes, so it actually isn't Propedal, just a regular Fox RL, yeah...gotta loose that sticker too..

I found rear disk is a waste for me. Big front disk makes a difference, but a nice ceramic V rear gives me better modulation.

I'll post after I ride.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I like the stealth look also....

Quote Originally Posted by jjcarr

My fork and bike are stickerless. On a recent ride, I had a guy walk up and lift my Spot and say, "Nice bike but it is a touch heavy." I just laughed. He was riding a GT HT.

Great deal. I would not worry about the pro-pedal deal on that bike. Who cares. That frame is going to be so motionless it will be awesome pedaling.

Jaybo