Turner Homer

New bike being built...(Pic Intense)

Hey guys you probably remember how a couple of weeks ago I posted up pictures of my burner main triangle. So fast froward to about a week ago, I received a beautiful candy blue flux. But everything did not go as smoothly as it had gone in the beginning of the process. So I had my mom bring the two front triangles to the bike shop so they could switch my Chris king headset from the burner to the flux, and that set me back a day of building it, becasue they could not do a 5 minute job at the time. But I am not pissed at them because in the end they did not charge me for the job. Secondly, the night before, I was getting ready to put the rear triangle on the main triangle, and I went out with my friend, so the two of the pivot seals got lost, so that set me back another week, because I had to wait to get new one's from turner. But now to yesterday and today. Last night when I got home from work, I put the rear triangle on the flux, and today, I am now assembling it. Let me say, this is one hell of a bike, and the black looks great with the blue. The thing is so pretty that I do not want to ride it and get it dirty, but this is what it is meant for. Well enough of me rambling on, and here are some picture of the progress i have made so far. There are more to come when the bike is completed.
    Enjoy
    Dave

Turner Homer

More...

trail fairy
    Sweet Candy

Bummer with the events sometimes best to go to sleep wake up tommorrow go again.

Look fwd to the rest of it

Happy Buidling
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Turner Homer
    Here you go guys, here are the rest of the pictures of the bike built. The day I built it, I took it for it's first ride on a technical trail that I ride a lot, and I love this new frame. The frame is also perfect for the type of terrian that I ride. Well enjoy the pics, and when I get the chance, I will take some muddy blux pictures which you all love.
    Later
    Dave

mtbr member
    Who painted the rear triangle and is it powder coated? I would like to have my rear triangle painted on my burner to change it up. I would prefer the polished look but the black is a diff look.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    thems some long ass cable runs, son.

the black rear looks so damn good! hey dt! you payin attention here?

somethin about the chainstay angle doesnt look right. its almost like the shock is too long and the b/bkt it raised big time. maybe its the camera angle. 6.5 x 1.5, right?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Nice work Dave! I didn't know your Burner had an accident, but the Flux sure looks great. If you need tools to clean up the build (cables and such) let me know and you can use my basement.

We'll have to give it a good shake down on a Yokun Ridge ride soon!

Cheers,

Luca

Turner Homer
    Thanks Luca, I also feel that that kind of ride is in order to break in the new bike. I also think that it may be the camera angle, becasue it looks like a normal flux when you look at it straight on cactus. Also about the black rear it is powder coated, and the way that I got this combo is that my burner front triangle cracked, and I reused the rear triangle from the burner, and mated it up to the flux triangle. That is how I got this color combo. Also remember right now I am running the original burner shock, and isn't the travel of the burner shock a bit different from the one they put on the flux? Also Luca thanks for the offer, but one of these days when I have the time, I am going to trim the rear brake hose with my cable cutters. The reason why I didn't make everything neater was I wanted to get a first ride in on it before it got dark. Finally does anyone know of a place where I could get the fox that is designed for the flux. Alright talk to you all later, as I am going to take the flux for a second ride.
    Dave

the burner and flux both use a 6.5 x 1.5. turner, fox, larry, ect... and sometimes push can sell ya a rp23. theres also some good ebay deals if yer timing is right but be prepared to swap out the reducers if it came off a non turner. no big deal, theyre cheap and available through all the above folks

so....... how does it compare to the burner?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Turner Homer
    In your response to how it compares to the burner, so far so good. You could really tell that there is a bit more of travel there, and it feels very fast in the technical stuff. The burner sometimes felt like it got a bit tied up in the shutter bumps, but it does not seem to be a issue with the flux. I do still have some fine tuning to do on it to make it feel more progressive, but so far I am very impressed. I will keep you all updated on how things are going with it. Also it is nice to have a top tube that is not dented like it was on the burner, when the burner got in a fight with a recycling bin, and the bin won.
    Later
    Dave

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrek4500
    . So I had my mom bring the two front triangles to the bike shop so they could switch my Chris king headset from the burner to the flux, and that set me back a day of building it, becasue they could not do a 5 minute job at the time.
    Dude, your mom rocks!
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

truth! had his sister been home, she woulda done the job herself.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Turner Homer
    Yeah, she does, I was surprised that she was willing to do that for me. I was also not really happy because one of the guys at the shop was a dick to her from what she told me, but do biggie, I just let it go.
    Dave

Front Range, Colorado
    New bike being built...(Pic Intense)

That's funny because I don't see any pictures of any Intense bikes in this thread but rather just a Turner. I guess I will SRAM over to the Intense forum for that. Nice bike BTW.

Bite Me.
    Nice Dave, but that would look SOOO much better with a black Revelation on there.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Turner Homer
    Thanks guys, I also have to say that it also does ride as nice as it looks. Also nice one on the intense joke. LOL. It would also look ba with a black fork, maybe sometime in the future, as that fox is really nice on my single speed hardtail.
    Dave