Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My New Spot

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Smile My New Spot

It's taken me over 18 months of saving and I had to sell my faithful old Superlight but I've finally got myself a Spot. Took the day off work to build it up, off for the first ride tomorrow. I'm stoked.

A few picks.

P.S. Does anybody have a good starting point for the settings on my DHX 5.0, I'm around 175lbs when all geared up and it's running a 500 (lb??) spring.

Cheers

Gregor

Bite Me.
    Beauty! Enjoy the ride.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

MBN
    mtbr member

Really nice.......love the DHX!

.....the right fork, the right shock........right color.......nice!

not so super...
    WOW - all kinds of new stuff around here this week. Must be pre-spring UGI season
    Nothing to see here.

Baked Alaskan
    So you took the day off and you DIDN'T go for a ride??? No way I could have that just sitting there all built up and not take it out for at least a little shakedown ride.

The Spot/Pike is the the new poseur fashion statement, congrats, sweet ride.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    So you took the day off and you DIDN'T go for a ride??? No way I could have that just sitting there all built up and not take it out for at least a little shakedown ride.

The Spot/Pike is the the knew poseur fashion statement, congrats, sweet ride.

I know, I know, but if you knew where I live you'd understand. It's at least an hour’s drive to any real trails and daylight is still short around here.

Used this site a lot to help me pick my build, hence the Pike.
    Last edited by GregorFuk; 03-17-2006 at 01:09 PM.

Lay off the Levers
    It's funny how after 3+ years of hanging out here, new bike pictures still give me a big grin.
    Nice Scoot, congrats man!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Very very nice but STOP. Please lose all the slack rear mech cable from above the rocker before you ride it, otherwise it'll start cutting through reinforcing plate at the seatpost/toptube intersection. See related thread thats just started about cable routing for a picture.

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by GregorFuk
    I know, I know, but if you new where I live you'd understand. It's at least an hourís drive to any real trails and daylight is still short around here.

Used this site a lot to help me pick my build, hence the Pike.
    I was going to say that those look like some classic UK walls behind the bike. Really like the (bike) build - enjoy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Awesome 5 Spot - enjoy the new ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    And it's gone! Courtesy of British Airways. Lost somewhere on route to the French Alps. Holiday was ruined and 10 days after loading it onto the outsized baggage cart my beloved 5-spot is nowhere to be seen.

Words fail me.

Lay off the Levers
    Arrrgh!!! what did the airline say they will do about it? Will their/your insurance cover it? Sorry to hear it killed a holiday trip, and nothing worse than loosing a bike you're connected to... but if they pony up the good news is you can get an all new '07

Hope it works out.

mtbr member
    ok, that clearly sucks donkey balls!

Hope they'll treat you right.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    90% of the time British Airways say "Due to exceptional high call volume please call back later". On the occasions when you do actually get to talk to someone all they can tell me is where they think it is and that it might take ‘some time’ to get it back, if at all.

I am covered by my home contents insurance so I should be reimbursed, I’ll not get anything from British Airways aside from perhaps the cost of the hire bike I used for the week (A 4-bar cube).

An 07 5-Spot could be on the cards I guess though I purposefully went for an 05 frame so I could have the Horst Link. I’m not sure I want a new Spot if it’s going to be single pivot. I’ll have to take one for a test ride I suppose.

Lay off the Levers
    If you get the '07 I'll glady trade you my '05 HL rear.

No, that's not phonetic
    You are in good company. They lost baggage from some of the Tour riders too. Shameful. My deepest condolences.

Ditto on swapping out the rear ends.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    You are in good company. They lost baggage from some of the Tour riders too.
    Somewhere a baggage ape with a Cockney accent is blissfully riding an '05 Spot wearing Cancellara's world champion skinsuit.

Sorry for having fun at your misfortune GF. American lost one of my bikes coming back from the Caribbean this spring, but it turned up a day or two later. Hope yours does the same.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm in the UK and thinking of selling an 05 medium HL spot with RP23 and PUSH rockers Gregor.

Toby Wong?
    that's a serious bummer man

hope it works out
    lets not make it a religion, it is recreation

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    the most depressin thread reserection ive seen. im sure theres a looong line fornin to trade rear ends with ya if ya get a '07.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well one of the three lost bags (They lost 3 bikes in total) is now listed as ‘Received at airport’ on the lost luggage tracker system. Not sure which bike it is or which airport it’s at. I’ll keep you all posted. If I do have to start from scratch then a rear end swap out may be on the cards. Robbz, what colour is your Spot?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Same as yours, black powder coat.

trail fairy
    That sux just unacceptable in this day in age no excuse is worthy for a paying customer, BA sort yr shiat out, worst karma to take amans hopes and dreams away.

I would be gutted and hunting them down not talking about, oh well just buy an 07, if my truck can't drive there I probably won't put my turners on any plane unless it can sitbeside me in the next seat
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Robbz, I'll seriously keep you in mind. Gonna wait a little longer until before I give up and put my insurance claim in.

The Laugh of it is that we actually paid BA extra for our bike carriage.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well folks, I'm happy to report that my bike was returned to its rightful place (my shed) last night. In the 26 days it's been MIA it's gone from Aberdeen to Heathrow, Milan, Geneva, Gatwick, and then back to Aberdeen. Well travelled to say the least. I’ve not put it back together yet but a quick once over has shown everything still to be attached and pointing in the right direction. Few!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast