Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

MX Tune? How is it?

I am thinking about this for my 2006 RFX. Anyone have any experience? I heard from a little birdie that they might be available again soon.

Thanks,
    Bob

mtbr member
    why not just buy renegades chubby? the mx tune uses avalanche's hi low adjuster. renegades chubby has been tuned for an rfx, you can't go wrong with avalanche.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    I sent him an email that I would take it, but someone else beat me to it, by seconds or dollars it seems.

Bob

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Besides why should I fund a Banshee purchase anyway....

Yes, that's fonetic
    Did that birdie give you any specific date the MX will be available for the DHX5?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN
    what's the matter with banshee??

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    Nothing was until FM said his Rune replaced an RFX AND a Highline...... (calling bullshyte on that one).

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    No specific date, but they were setting up the milling machines last Friday to do the bridges this week... That is almost the exact quote.

Bobo

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    I have no idea, but when I notice good "names" posting on the Banshee board and selling their Turners/Avys I say something. Not sure what.

Bob

Yes, that's fonetic
    No specific date, but they were setting up the milling machines last Friday to do the bridges this week... That is almost the exact quote.

Bobo
    Very cool. Guess I'd better queue up!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm very impressed with my MX tune on my Knolly Endorphin. I got it last year but it wasn't exactly what i wanted so push re-tuned it over the winter and so far I'm very impressed. The LSC allows much better preloading and better support through fast corners while still opening up nicely on hits. Last year it was a little to stiff and I couldn't open it up enough for low speed technical climbing over roots etc. With the re-tune it's much better without feeling underdamped. I haven't had much ride time yet but all indicators are positive so far. Also keep in mind that I had the factory tuned DHX on this bike previous and then had it re-built to MX tune so I am comparing it to a very good shock. I would have to say the MX has better midstroke support and it better at high speed than the standard factory tune but at this point the improvements are more subtle than going from stock to factory tune was.

I did notice last year that it was fantastic when I was really pushing it. I do a lot of pedalling up to some of the common shuttle trails here and coming down it was awesome on gaps and booters and generally perfect for riding 10/10 style. It was only the slower technical stuff that I felt it could be better. Since this is my "XC" bike that was important to me to fix. Push's support was great as usual and they took care of it no questions asked.

My wife also has an MX on her DH bike and loves it. Much better small bump compliance that the previous DHX and still good midstroke support.

Outcast
    would you rather fund my penchant for booze, drugs, and hookers?
    others are telling me the spitfire will replace both my rfx and my 5 spot; we'll see if that's true.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    would you rather fund my penchant for booze, drugs, and hookers?
    others are telling me the spitfire will replace both my rfx and my 5 spot; we'll see if that's true.
    no, you'll need a Rune too!

mtbr member

Braaappp!

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    PUSHIND BRAH,

not only did that clip make my day in terms of potential future dampening on my pony....but that mill is way F'n RAD!

trade you for my Northfield bandsaw? it's a 36".

mtbr member
    trade you for my Northfield bandsaw? it's a 36".
    Sure.....as long as you pay the freight and rigging costs to move it as well as take over the payments!

Darren

Outcast
    D,
    I think you need to increase your speeds and feeds; you're never gonna make any money milking it like that.

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    Darren,

Any chance you'll ever offer any of the parts for your fork and shock conversions separately for home users to install? At my own risk would be fine, as I can do it myself.

Wasn't Craig also going to be offering some of his shocks as a kit to assemble at home?

mtbr member

dhx only?

Darren,
    Would any of those bridges happen to be for the Vivid?

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Rims
    Darren,
    they've had MX valving available with the vivid factory tune all along, maybe it doesn't need the reservoir replaced?

mtbr member
    D,
    I think you need to increase your speeds and feeds; you're never gonna make any money milking it like that.
    LOL....I tell you what....next time you come up to PUSH we'll have a little competition. We've got our toolroom mill setup right behind the HAAS. We'll make the same piece....you on the hand cranks, and me pushing the little green button on the front of the control panel of the new CNC!

In all seriousness, 20hp, 10k rpm, feeding nearly 100in/min....heck yeah!

Any chance you'll ever offer any of the parts for your fork and shock conversions separately for home users to install? At my own risk would be fine, as I can do it myself.

Wasn't Craig also going to be offering some of his shocks as a kit to assemble at home?
    Not with something like this due to the complexity of the tooling and assembly required unfortunately.

No, these fit FOX DHX and Van-R models. The VIVID is getting something special....but you didn't hear it from me.

they've had MX valving available with the vivid factory tune all along, maybe it doesn't need the reservoir replaced?
    The MX valve set is different then the MX-Tune....I know, don't call me a marketing wizard. The VIVID's MX valving is based at the piston assembly, whereas the MX-Tune is an external adjustment mechanism.

Darren

trail fairy
    Bobo this is a bit premature isn't it since you will soon be riding the only DLW RFX in existence!

I also like the do it yourself mods, like on the boxxer, but I hear what Darren's saying about the shock, too different things really!

Maybe a swap out program would be cool before you use send ya old one in and a new one comes direct with all the mods, they get a new shock to modify and the wheel continues to turn plus speeds up the whole process!

Only thing is custom tuning per bike and rider another issue with the shock over the fork mod.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    No, these fit FOX DHX and Van-R models. The VIVID is getting something special....but you didn't hear it from me.
    That's exciting to not have heard from you! Will the reservoir be extended like these proto's from 2008? Please say no, Please say no, please say no... I barely have 3-4mm of clearance on my RFX with the stock Vivid.

Joe