mtbr member

musing on trolling

This constant trolling is ruining the Turner board IMO. There's no way we can prevent people from coming here and talk ****. But can't we please not answer those stupid posts. This is spoiling what used to be a resourceful space where people shared their pleasure of riding their Turner.

What do you care if your bike is better than the next? We're not keeping up with the Jones.

Yes, indeed the bike speaks for itself and we can simply share that with people who don't own one. But that shouldn't mean being cocky and condescending to others.

I bought my Spot simply on account of what I saw and heard on this board. I'm not sure I would do that today considering there are more posts about "what bike/brand is best" than tech, riding sessions, posts from Smokey...

So can we please not answer those lame ass trolls?
    There should be some sort of code to close those posts. Someone puts the troll spray can and it's over, we ignore it. Such a waste of time which impairs the forum.

And finally to end my lame rant which will probably prove useless: quit being cocksure about Turners. Don't get me wrong, I love my bike and won't trade it for anything in the world. And yet I demo any possible bike so as to confront my certitudes. I don't think it fits the brand , I don't recognize what Dave puts in his bikes: low-key precision engineering efficient tools.

I believe that sharing the total bliss we get when riding them is eloquent enough.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

KDK
    mtbr member
    I totally agree Mr. Bling

one antidote to the trolls would be to increase the threads in this board about our rides and our bikes and just ignore all the flame baits .

I will do that from this weekend !!

Lay off the Levers
    ...nm...
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    ...nm...
    C'mon zilla, tell us how you feel!

I think everyone is too caught up on the whole "troll" thing, like they are intentionally posting the topic to piss off the homers, most of these posts are just *uninformed* types who think they know what happened and why. So what if some pep's want to stir the pot a little, it's natural for the TNT topic to get a lot of attention due to the controversy and the Ells. factor, it will fade over time.

This board still has tons of info, gear, riding stories, cool people, pics of great riding locals and a mfg. who actually contributes on a regular basis, and of course cool bikes.

I'm sure some of the posts are just sh!t stirrers though, maybe airwreck can intervene on these threads based off the regulars saying the word?? Someone said something about a TNT info thread as far as what actually happened so people could be directed there instead of the speculation that happens everytime the topic comes up.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bling
    What do you care if your bike is better than the next? We're not keeping up with the Jones.
    1) it's "Joneses" not "Jones"... unless the surname in question is "Jone."

2) you're a fine one to talk, Hypocrisy Man.

3) the Homer Nation is in a perpetual state of insecurity about current setup, resulting in continual "upgrading".

4) some of us aren't part of the Homer Nation.

5) those who aren't know who we are.

6) those who ARE seemingly don't know they are.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    1) it's "Joneses" not "Jones"... unless the surname in question is "Jone."

2) you're a fine one to talk, Hypocrisy Man.
    You're right about your first point but English still is a foreign language to me. Still learning.

But you gonna have to explain your second point: my English being what it is, I don't get it.

Lay off the Levers
    Gonzo's funny!
    Even when he agrees it sounds like he's calling you out.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

banned
    'Zilla knows what's up.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    [QUOTE=gonzostrike]1) it's "Joneses" not "Jones"... unless the surname in question is "Jone."

QUOTE]

No way man...he's got it right!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Knomer
    What's a "troll"?
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    good one Aqua, you seem to be the only one to understand my unintentional sense of humor.

banned
    pardon me, BlingyBoy. I now see the point, courtesy of Mr Taylor.

thanks Handyman. I appreciate the visual cue, since I can't seem to fathom the point without pictures.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    What's a "troll"?
    typically one who historically has used a George Michael WHAM! avatar.

Flyin Canine
    I think the funniest thing about all this troll bs is that if you go over to the titus board they think all turner owners are snobs and that we think that turner is the "only" bike. However I have seen at least 3 threads in the past month alone along the lines of "racer-x vs. flux" etc and the universal answer from the turner board is "hey, they are both great bikes, go ride them and pick the one that fits you best". So people outside the board can have any opinion they want be we know what the truth is. And I totally agree that not answering the troll posts is the best way to make them go away.