Thread: Mr dirt rockers

mtbr member

Mr dirt rockers

Can anyone give me some info on the mr dirt rockers. I have an 06 RFX and It looks like they won't work. I don't know anything about these rockers. Maybe they were for the older RFX or to be used with a longer stroke shock. Any information would help, thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I had a set of rockers I bought from Bob Barnett (Mr Dirt) many years ago. They were for the Burner/XC (the old frames with the rocker pivot behind the seat stay). Think they increased travel to 4" or 4.5", but really increased the leverage ratio too. If that's what you have, they would not work on a RFX which has the rocker pivot in front of the seatstay.

mtbr member
    Yeah I kinda figured they were for the older frames. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Mr. Dirt

Do you have a photo? Length measurement?

the RFX shock length was the same from 1998 to 2006, 190 x 50, same as 5 Spot is now. The 07-08 RFX were the long shock versions, and interchanging old RFX and 2003-2008 5 Spot rockers will get wonky.

Mr. Dirt made rockers for Afterburner DH and various RFXs over the years are all interchangeable but not all are identical. Have fun.

DT

mtbr member
    The rocker from end to end is about 10 1/2 inches. If I mount the main pivot and line it up to the shock,the rockers are very close to the seat tube and would make the bike super slack.
    It seems that they might work if the shock was longer, it would bring the rockers down to normal level (not so slack).