Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Monarch RC3 Question

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Mrwhlr 
#1 ·
Hey guys, a friend of mine handed me over a Monarch RC3 Plus shock. Really stoked to have it until I saw that it was an M/M tune with a small can. Would this play well with the DW Spot? I weigh 160lbs ready to ride and not sure if this will feel choked up. Would be a shame to sell the shock if it doesn't work out.

#2 ·
The small air can is what you want for sure, ideally you would have a M(rebound)/L(compression) tune but ride it and see what you think.
I have not tried the M/M tune on a Plus, but have Vivid Air with the M/M tune on another dw turner and find it works really well.

#5 ·
Thanks for the inputs. Having the Monarch sent to PUSH will take a lot of cash since I'm in the Philippines. As soon as this freaking rain stops I'll be able to take it for a test run.

@Kidwoo - I'll definitely look into playing with the shims when it's due for service! Thanks for the vid link :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Push won't offer you any help, based on e-mail corresondence I had with them today, unless I am on the very bottom of the s h i t list, which may be the case. No Monarch tuning from them. My 7.5 by 2 shock feels okay in some situations, and like crap in other situations.
Other folks may have better luck. Don't negatively criticize Push, and you may have better esults than I did.

#9 ·
Push won't offer you any help, based on e-mail corresondence I had with them today, unless I am on the very bottom of the s h i t list, which may be the case. No Monarch tuning from them. My 7.5 by 2 shock feels okay in some situations, and like crap in other situations.
Other folks may have better luck. Don't negatively criticize Push, and you may have better esults than I did.
Renny, you're definitely not on a **it list. We don't currently offer any Monarch service or tuning other than on units that we previously sold or tuned. It doesn't matter how much you suck up! :D

Darren

#11 ·
how much longer is the mx tune "temporarily" out of stock. seems like it's been forever
Unfortunately, I don't have an exact date on its return. Between our Facebook page and the forums, I'm sure word will travel quickly when it's ready. We do have Factory Tuning System Elite's shipping daily for FOX RC2/RC4 owners though.

Darren

#13 ·
Stock. And yes, I'm just such the successfull socialite lately. It's tough being a suck-up.
Darren, I do publicly admit, your company's communication skillz have improved. I received responses to both my e-mails in less than three hours! I am looking forward to a day when you may be selling something I can make use of.
Renny, good to hear. Nick has been leading the charge and has really got our customer service rocking. We just purchased two more CNC's last week and I've been really working hard with engineering on the manufacturing side to get our product lines dialed and in stock for good. Slowly but surely things are getting back on track!

I look forward to the day when you're back visiting the shop and dropping off beer!:thumbsup:

Darren

#14 · (Edited)
Well, it may be a while; let me know when you start making your own shocks from scratch, as we have discussed before. I just ordered a chubie from Craig; I know what I'm getting there, without compromise, sorry to say Darren. Time to step up and join the competition.
Edit: Darren, untill you start making your own shocks from scratch, all you will be doing is putting a band-aid on other peoples design. Yes, Craig is doing that as well now, but he has a wider spectrum as well regarding models and brands; he does it to stay in bussiness. His home made products are great. You have the talent, knowledge, and skills to do the same. You have the machines. It is time for you to make to leap. You can do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.