mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Moab Pics from last week for Cactus and the rest

The temp was 60-63 everyday and not a cloud in the sky. We rode MTB in the AM till lunch and then hit the MX stuff till dark. Not an ounce of wasted time. What a trip! Hey CC, hopefully this will take your mind off of current affairs for a moment or two.

IB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IdahoBiker; 03-02-2006 at 10:11 PM.

Team Sanchez
    Nice shots IB. Do you know what the conditions were like on the upper section of Porc Rim, aka Kokopelli trail?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Where were you dirt biking? I've always wanted to do a dual trip down that way, but I'm the only one in my road trip crew that is also a throttle twister, so it hasn't worked out (yet).

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Where were you dirt biking? I've always wanted to do a dual trip down that way, but I'm the only one in my road trip crew that is also a throttle twister, so it hasn't worked out (yet).
    we rode up pritchett canyon, soverign singletrack and amasa back on the dirtbikes. EL C Porc rim had a little snow on top but it was doable due to the warmer temps over the days we were there. Several of the bike shops were not officially "open" while we were there, becuase Moab doesn't really open their season until this week. The big benefit of going there the last week in Feb is that it is the last week before the season opens up so hotels were really cheap and there was no traffic. I was a great time. The pics I submitted were the best of the lame ones I had. My buddy has better pics but I haven't obtained his memory card yet. I will post as soon as I get them. The spot rode like a champ!!!!

mtbr member
    Yep. That's the way to do Moab. My son and I did a mtb/moto double your pleasure trip to Moab a few years ago (Kane Creek, Steel Bender, Gold Bar/Spike, Gemini Bridges on motos then Porc Rim, Klondike Bluffs, Slickrock, Amasa Back, and Sovereign on the mtbs).

As much as I love my mountain bike... and as good as Moab is for bikes, i think it's even better for motos. Blashemy, I know. The only bad part is splitting time. I'm with you, though, no time to waste.

Gotta get back.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Do you guys know if there's an outfit in Moab that rents out dirtbikes for the day?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    thanx ib! that looks hella bad ass and gave me a smile. bikes and motos? what a cool idea! me, im surrounded by friends and family - doin better than you might guess. we made 2 huge poster boards of pics and art from mikes life last night - super theraputic and a ton of fun! i could kinda feel mikes spirit flowin through me and tellin me what to do so i know he digs the final product. funeral later today and a mega party to follow. were doin it right. you guys keep ridin for me as i stare up at south mtn from city center just wishin i was on the bike. ya cant know how hard it is bein ths close to those trails and no oppertunity to rage them. next trip.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Do you guys know if there's an outfit in Moab that rents out dirtbikes for the day?
    Elite Moto tours is the place to contact. Dale Parriott and Terry Flynn are the best Moab guides around.They'll treat you right. They provide bikes and take you to the good stuff, catered to your abilities.

There's been a couple of features on them in Dirt Rider over the past couple of years. I haven't been with them, but they are highly regarded.
    Last edited by KRob; 03-04-2006 at 11:16 AM.