Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Mid Week Stoke

  1. #1
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,960

    Mid Week Stoke

    Really fortunate that my pedal didn't check out about an hour earlier in the ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (112.9 KB, 453 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (87.7 KB, 456 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (171.8 KB, 458 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (108.7 KB, 455 views)
    • File Type: jpg 12.jpg (87.8 KB, 587 views)
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  2. #2
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    neato.

    ....was there some casing on that second pic landing?

  3. #3
    ... I guess you won't be
    Reputation: jokermtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,925
    "your bike sucks"!

    dang, that sucks!
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: gonzostrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,258
    what TIME is it?

    (Morris Day wants to know)

  5. #5
    \|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Reputation: RedRocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,930
    TIME to get a new pedal.

    Take that as a lesson kids. Break a spindle wearing black and camo (with matching bike) and you may never be seen again.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

  6. #6
    Pixie Dust Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,301
    Is that a Ti spindle Aqua? Yikes!

  7. #7
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,116
    I did that midway down Porc... finished the ride anyway...even beat a few folks back into town.

    It's amazing neither you nor I gouged up a calf on the broken shaft eh?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  8. #8
    Gone riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,369
    That could have been nasty... Damn TIME's!!!

  9. #9
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,960
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    neato.

    ....was there some casing on that second pic landing?
    Good eye!

    Ya know those days when your not feeling the flow? Some of the stuff that you routinely hit is just not working? Yesterday was one of those rides.

    On this particular shot I wasn't fully committed and it shows. I came up short and my rear end thumped the lip. Fortunately, my TNT equipped steed saved my ass. I hit it a second time. But, I still wasn't really feeling it.

    Watching Mondo launch it makes it look easy.

    Those pedals are Ti, yes. I was working the last climb of the day, and got half way up, and.... SNAP! WTF? Right over on me back. If it had let go an hour earlier off of "Huck You".... I would have been hating life.

    Do you think I am getting too fat?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (103.7 KB, 334 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (163.9 KB, 340 views)
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 05-25-2006 at 08:39 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DLine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I did that midway down Porc... finished the ride anyway...even beat a few folks back into town.

    It's amazing neither you nor I gouged up a calf on the broken shaft eh?

    I've been told to steer clear of Ti spindles by lots of folks, but they're just so blingilicous. I was recently kicking myself for not spending more to save the weight for the Ti version, now I'm thinking differently. CroMo Rules!

  11. #11
    ISO Gems...
    Reputation: Dirty D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Good eye!

    Ya know those days when your not feeling the flow? Some of the stuff that you routinely hit is just not working? Yesterday was one of those rides.

    On this particular shot I wasn't fully committed and it shows. I came up short and my rear end thumped the lip. Fortunately, my TNT equipped steed saved my ass. I hit it a second time. But, I still wasn't really feeling it.

    Watching Mondo launch it makes it look easy.

    Those pedals are Ti, yes. I was working the last climb of the day, and got half way up, and.... SNAP! WTF? Right over on me back. If it had let go an hour earlier off of "Huck You".... I would have been hating life.

    Do you think I am getting too fat?
    Damn...The Maggro sure looks comfortable on that bike -- any bike for that matter.


    D

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: techFiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    260

    er.. dude... read the instructions..

    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    That could have been nasty... Damn TIME's!!!
    Pedals with Ti spindles comes with limitations on rider weight and riding styles (i.e. XC racing). Light weight usually does not come with durability (strength over time) unless you have a fat bank account for replacements.

  13. #13
    Knomer
    Reputation: Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,318
    Ti spindle? Will you ever learn? Your 32 pound Spot just got heavier.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

  14. #14
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,116
    Quote Originally Posted by DLine
    I've been told to steer clear of Ti spindles by lots of folks, but they're just so blingilicous. I was recently kicking myself for not spending more to save the weight for the Ti version, now I'm thinking differently. CroMo Rules!
    My broken spindle WAS CrMo.

    Isht happens.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  15. #15
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,960

    Ti me up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Ti spindle? Will you ever learn? Your 32 pound Spot just got heavier.
    32 pounds??? PUHHHLEAZE! My baby weighs in at under 30, my portly friend.

    Is there a 12 step program for Ti addicts?

    Speaking of Ti...here is my new ring for the bent coat hangar rig. It's a Boone cog, 32T.

    Now, we've all seen Boone rings before...but..can you spot what's different about this one?

    Note: It's not the broken E13.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (84.4 KB, 275 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (104.4 KB, 273 views)
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 05-25-2006 at 11:07 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  16. #16
    banned
    Reputation: gonzostrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,258
    it's being "protected" by a severely cracked bash "guard"... but you already said that.

    no, I cannot. please forgive me Mr Taylor and tell Ms Simon that it was HOT to see her braless on her No Secrets album cover.

  17. #17
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    15,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    32 pounds??? PUHHHLEAZE! My baby weighs in at under 30, my portly friend.

    Is there a 12 step program for Ti addicts?

    Speaking of Ti...here is my new ring for the bent coat hangar rig. It's a Boone cog, 32T.

    Now, we've all seen Boone rings before...but..can you spot what's different about this one?

    Note: It's not the broken E13.
    Duh! it's missing the chain. Actually the ring looks like it is flipped around. The polished side is seen from the non drive side. Thing's that make you go hmmmmm. Ya gotta get that bling in where ever ya can.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 05-25-2006 at 01:14 PM.

  18. #18
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,960

    Another round

    This round courtesy of HucklerMark.

    DIRTJUNKIE: You got it, man! But...I know you peeked on the 29er board for the answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DLine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    My broken spindle WAS CrMo.

    Isht happens.
    Right. I mean CroMo Sucks! Ti Rules!

    You see, I never met a bandwagon I didn't like.

  20. #20
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    15,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    This round courtesy of HucklerMark.

    DIRTJUNKIE: You got it, man! But...I know you peeked on the 29er board for the answer.
    So Steve your telling me that I got this right? But I cheated? Where's the faith brother?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •