banned

New question here. Metal head tube badge?

My headtube sticker is finally coming off. Once it comes off, I'll have a completely bare frame, with no emblems or decals.

Has anyone wished Turner had a metal headtube badge that was bolted on? Other manufacturers in this price class equip their bikes with them, from Yeti and now Ventana to Intense (I think they may be stick on).

Neg reppers r my biatches
    why do you want a headbadge? it will easily add 11 grams or so to the weight.

banned
    OMG....those 11 grams might slow me down on my super-slow-to-begin with rides!

Neg reppers r my biatches
    yeah...glad to help. but my warning was really intended for new Turner owners where the combined extra 11 grams with the horribly pedaling TNT design will no doubt be a disaster.

Bike Junkie

Me too

Yeah, my 2005 Flux has the head tube badge peeling off at the sharp corners about 3 days after building it up. It catches stuff pretty easily.

the old badge on my XCE never moved and was much rounder.

I mentioned it to Casey a while back; but since that's the way they come there isn't much they can do. He probably could have sent me a new one; but I wasn't too concerned about it.
    See You On The Trails!

banned
    So Shoe Goo would work and make it essentially a permanent part of the bike?

I'm not too concerned about the decals, but at least keeping the headtube badge would be nice or going to a nicer one.

Bite Me.
    you need only these two items to solve your problem. Please post pics when you're done.
    (Turner sells replacement badges for $5)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cutthroat; 11-07-2005 at 01:59 PM.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells