mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Mega Turner Snowbike

Finally getting around to posting pics of the biggest, fattest, Turner snow bike out there. A friend fabricated the rear triangle out of aircraft stock cro-moly and canibalized the old rear triangle to do it. The fork is from Wildfire and has been powder coated to look like aluminum. RTR fixed up the BB with a long Phil spindle glued in. At any rate, it is 37.2 pounds of fun as shown in the photos. Previously had a rigid snow bike but found it too hard on my back despite the cush of the tires. This was also posted on the AK Forum . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stroganof; 01-01-2007 at 11:47 AM.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Cool setup! Did you have to pay Tony E any ICT licensing fees?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

fees

No, it was a no-net-gain operation (same number of Turner rear ends before as after).

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroganof
    No, it was a no-net-gain operation (same number of Turner rear ends before as after).
    ide still be careful...

very inventive solution. i wonder what snow riding is like? got any action shots?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PSI
    ide still be careful...

very inventive solution. i wonder what snow riding is like? got any action shots?
    I don't have the fat wheels/tires but I have some 2.3 tubeless tires on the Burner and run them around 30psi for soft snow cond's, they work well, not like those though.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroganof
    Just messin, I believe the XCE/Burner(or is that an O2?)design does not fall under the ICT patent so no worries about TE's goons showing up to collect and place an ICT sticker on your bike

involuntary dismounter
    rr - those snow pics alway make me wish that i was back in canada...haven't tried snow riding yet...but will at the first opportunity i get!

sorry for the hijack!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    I don't have the fat wheels/tires but I have some 2.3 tubeless tires on the Burner and run them around 30psi for soft snow cond's, they work well, not like those though.

well as someone who last saw snow 10 yrs ago when i was in the US all i can say is brrrrrrr. that looks cold! can you control your bike in snow that deep? or does it just slip and slide around?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

xce

it is an older (99?) xce - whew!!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dHarriet
    rr - those snow pics alway make me wish that i was back in canada...haven't tried snow riding yet...but will at the first opportunity i get!

sorry for the hijack!
    Head up to Flagstaff, I'm assuming your in AZ to get away from the snow though

PSI- that was 3-6" new snow cond's so it was a little soft which makes climbing much more difficult and descending is like riding in mucky cond's where you kinda let the front end go where it wants to and just give a little "input" here and there, packed crunchy cond's have great traction though.

Happy New Year BTW.

Lay off the Levers

Snow-Job

I hate snow.

Faster is better, even when it's not.

Members who have read this thread: 0