Thread: MBA Yikes!

Mt Wilson Motoboy

MBA Yikes!

Be sure to RIP OUT the 8 staight pages of Ellsworth propagand out of the new MBA!
    Disgusting....
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

aka baycat
    8 pages! Guess the warranty money got divereted to the propoganda slush fund....

oly
    mtbr member
    I loved all the patriotic american imaging... OK, we get it... your made in the USA.... sheesh.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    A catalog is "propaganda". Playing up the fact that their product is American made is a BAD thing? Nevermind the fact that an ad for a brand of bike you dont own causes such angst.

Wow....you guys have issues.

Wink I think its more like a sports rivalry...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedThrills
    A catalog is "propaganda". Playing up the fact that their product is American made is a BAD thing? Nevermind the fact that an ad for a brand of bike you dont own causes such angst.
    People over here dont like TE because he is a bastage. As for the 'Ours is better than yours' (ie Ells) type attitude. One, they are are and two we like to get you guys all riled up. Did I mention that we have nicer bikes...

Wow....you guys have issues.
    Actually, we already know this. We have even kept and propagated a name that was given to us derisively. We know we take things a little to seriously and laugh at ourselves for it, in a self mocking sort of way. All the other boards wish they could be like ours.

striker!

5 spot in the new MBA

Boys, you're focusing on the wrong details here. TE had to use his patent royalties to get his bikes in the magazine unlike DT:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    People over here dont like TE because he is a bastage. As for the 'Ours is better than yours' (ie Ells) type attitude. One, they are are and two we like to get you guys all riled up. Did I mention that we have nicer bikes...

Actually, we already know this. We have even kept and propagated a name that was given to us derisively. We know we take things a little to seriously and laugh at ourselves for it, in a self mocking sort of way. All the other boards wish they could be like ours.
    Fair enough. Im currently deciding to join the cult of either Dave or of Tony. Both have their advantages. For me, how "nice of a guy" one is rates pretty low on the scale.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Fair enough. Im currently deciding to join the cult of either Dave or of Tony. Both have their advantages. For me, how "nice of a guy" one is rates pretty low on the scale.
    It will matter a lot if you ever have a problem or need something after the sale.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

It's a Turner!
    And that's the difference. TE uses slick magazine ads, while DT relies more on word-of-mouth. Companies need to have both, but one is clearly better than the other. Take a guess which one.

Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    Boys, you're focusing on the wrong details here. TE had to use his patent royalties to get his bikes in the magazine unlike DT:
    I didn't just drink the koolaid, I stuck my head in the punchbowl.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMC
    It will matter a lot if you ever have a problem or need something after the sale.
    I havent heard of a single company, big or small, that hasnt played that warranty game and hasnt had heaps of praise AND accusations of terrible treatment leveled against them.

PSI
    I want that one
    I havent heard of a single company, big or small, that hasnt played that warranty game and hasnt had heaps of praise AND accusations of terrible treatment leveled against them.
    that's cause you havn't had a turner yet...

aka baycat
    For a moment I thought that was legit....by chance do you work in advertising, you have a future!

Waiting to exhale.
    What? No pop up ICT linkages or ellsworthian holograms?
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I just love the fact that Ellsworth now has ICT version 3, which is supposed to better than version 1 which Turner supposibly(right word??) uses. Is version 3 even more efficient than version 1 which is already the most efficient suspension design ever?

I guess ICT version 3 is over 100% efficient...I know where my money is going next time...Turner :-D
    ----------------------------------------
    Jorgen
    Trondheim, Norway
    Spec Stumpy Comp FSR 29er
    Turner DHR 2005, drilled

Speedthrills, do a search...

OF back threads, both here and on the Ells forum in regards to frame breakage or warranty issues. Look very closely at the warranty of both Ells and Turner, and what is actually covered. You said how nice a guy is ranks far down on your scale. When spending a good deal of money I would typically agree. However, in the case of Dave Turner he seems to be a very nice guy (Ive never met or spoken with him) but I can see that he stands behind his product 100%. I have seen it time and time again on this board and so believe that if ever I have a problem he will do everything possible to fix it. It is why I will be looking at another Turner when the time comes to buy a new bike.