Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    trail fairy

Maxxis... . . . .

Meet MAXXIS !!

My new care giver, Im not sure yet who needs to take care of who, I guess well figure that out when we both work out what the job description is

Chur..

There's a MAXXIS in my/his kitchen

Already settled in and chewing on a rag toy and his basket, hes pee'd only on the floor so easy to clean but we have set him up nicely now, and its routine time now every hour out for wee walk to his tree, hopefully one day he'll work out what its for and why we go there

Having a wee snuggle

Opps a MAXXIS breaking loose

A MAXXIS at the keyboard

Finally the little MAXXIS has gone to sleep, first night together hes already farting and snoring in bed

His Mum, a terrier cross Dad was a big Lab..nice dog great personality real sad to see her boy go I think ..

Ya know ya never pick a dog, it picks you, a dog was on my list of thingswhich Ive created, its a big one for many things, Ive had with all my time, and while Ive thought about it I wasn't looking, but as life does when that happens opportunity knocks and so it did here too, it feels right, he chose me and its been full on since hes snoring on the bed and Im still too overtired to sleep, wired is an understatement, no doubt he'll wear me out though!

Hes gonna be a great runner one day 2, for the Spot and RFX
    Last edited by trailadvent; 06-07-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    congrats on the dog, TA!

He looks like a smart fella...hopefully he will be a good trail dog too

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    congrats on the dog, TA!

He looks like a smart fella...hopefully he will be a good trail dog too
    Thanx crisillo, thats the long term plan, hes got some good mix's so hoping that, we have some time to develop together, and will help speed things up and make us stronger as well, has lifted me another level mentally so far already

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Thanx crisillo, thats the long term plan, hes got some good mix's so hoping that, we have some time to develop together, and will help speed things up and make us stronger as well, has lifted me another level mentally so far already

Glad to hear that..... all will help for you to fully recover and rip the trails (with canine company now )

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    well done ta.
    No, I'm NOT back!

TLL
    mtbr member
    Cute pup there, TA. Good name as well!
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

trail fairy
    Thanx guys appreciate!

Hes been very ggod so far and seems to be settling in well not causing me any grief with the body so looks like the right one picked me hes got a very calm nature though he did want to have a play with the duster,just left him at it, after his first pee outing in the middle of the night, which was all good cause I needed it too, so far we have watches sycronised

chur

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Silence and Thunder...
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    Cute pup there, TA. Good name as well!
    ...ditto...
    ...every day sends future to past...

trail fairy
    Cher XJ

Ive always wanted to name my dog Maxxis so I was stoked when I laid eyes on him in the pack, he looked like a maxxis.

Maxxis Maximus ta jnr

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Cute pup you have there.

It's always fun to have a pooch around the house and on the trail.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Sweet! It's alway cool to have a four legged companion around (especially if they fart!). Enjoy man, hopefully the house training goes well...

happy trails...

squish

--Doh, Dad's computer, not mine, forgot to log on.--
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    fart dogs kick ass. odus is a good fart dog and i tell him so all the time.

my next dog will be maned bob. or maybe dammit. come dammit! sit dammit! stay dammit!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Large member
    Cool beastie and good choice fella.

Nice to hear you're compatible in bed - Whafe says you've been through a few dogs in your time

trail fairy
    Thanx old man and Squash/Squish Im confused now yer both right it is fun sorta forgot how much attention they need but thats all good, he has a short burst then wnats to sleep bit like me so we on the same page, hes so funny he wants to chew or paly with anything the he toddles of to his basket with whatever is his latest thing and puts it in the basket as if to say I own this now, and Im gonna chew the **** out of it when I want, oh my crocs were the latest lol
    Yeah hes right up there on the farting and snoring now if only i can get hiom to use the pee tree The house training wil be half the fun, I will no doubt lear heaps.

Chur guy's.

To say I have not had the smile of my face since yesterday is an understatment,[I think we both feel the same way] we seemed to have bonded very quickly too and hes totally at home as long as Im close I think my alone time is now over

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    fart dogs kick ass. odus is a good fart dog and i tell him so all the time.

my next dog will be maned bob. or maybe dammit. come dammit! sit dammit! stay dammit!
    you breeding dogs there CC, sheesh I would love more but I think ones all I can handle, and thats just the farting

Nice names, I don't need to call this one much @ the mo he just follows me everywhere so far, if he does that on the trail eventually then I'll be very happy, Ive seen how some dogs take there owners for rides not the other way around and spend all day looking for them

Some morning piccs

Little bugga already has his basket full of everything he can get his nose into

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Cool beastie and good choice fella.

Nice to hear you're compatible in bed - Whafe says you've been through a few dogs in your time
    Chur TB it was him or Shrek !

but I didnt' think he'd be too good to cuddle up too or so good on the trail

Yeah I'm good in bed, lest I don't fart in bed either have some standards, and well ya know what they say about those that tell

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Bite Me.
    Awesome TA! Black dogs rock. So is MAXXIS a Hookworm (hope not), Ignitor ( possibly worse), an Excavator (watch the garden) or High Roller (great AM trail dog)??
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Awesome TA! Black dogs rock. So is MAXXIS a Hookworm (hope not), Ignitor ( possibly worse), an Excavator (watch the garden) or High Roller (great AM trail dog)??
    Chur cutty, I'm not fully sure yet, but we had some fun time observing em in the litter and seeing the dynamics etc, hes a thinker and his own personality and also quite calm, though if Im out of site hes got a whine when he wants to, I think thats more about being in a new enviroment and taken from mum and his familiar surroundings , I mean we bonded and I get the sense he wanted that, almost like he was ready too with the right person, but he still needs that comfort in his new world.

All great personality combo's but I think hes got a bit of minion in him swampthing and maybe ardent, not sure of his gardening skills as yet hes still hestitant to go loose, hes stil not keen on going to the pee tree but thats just time, we going slow, I got heaps of time so we can go nice n easy hes like the bed so thats good its the warmess place and best for me to relax recover from too big days in a row, Im pretty beat..

I agree I like black dogs too, better when they get muddy too, they don't stain lol, definitley nice to have a pal, we got some routines going but hes still got a ways to get used to them, and Im cooking him up some chicken mince and brown rice mix for dinner tonight, but he hooks into anything, he had chicken necks for breaky and waffed those down, and we both have a weakness for ginger nutz

Last edited by trailadvent; 06-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

i can't type the letter s
    Awesome TA! Labs (or mix, whateva) make great trail dogs. I took mine out today (Australian Shepherd)d and poor thing had a foxtail in her foot for awhile before I noticed it. She was subtly limping and a little slower than usual so I chcked her feet. They are a lot of fun and great companions.

Good luck on the potty training. I crate my dogs at night when I'm training them. It goes a lot faster and easier.

tom

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Awesome TA! Labs (or mix, whateva) make great trail dogs. I took mine out today (Australian Shepherd)d and poor thing had a foxtail in her foot for awhile before I noticed it. She was subtly limping and a little slower than usual so I chcked her feet. They are a lot of fun and great companions.

Good luck on the potty training. I crate my dogs at night when I'm training them. It goes a lot faster and easier.

tom
    Chur Tom, great to know they make great trail dogs, hes got such an aweome personality, today has been a total hoot, real busy, games manily him playing with my socks towles and anything he can rip apart duster, some naps and lots of potty training, but so far hes been very good considering hes just been taken away from his home, we are best of mates already.

So youve given me more confidence I made the right decision! Hope your dog's foot heals up quick, and I think ya bang on will be a great companion, and good all round. once hes totally happy here we will start extending further from home to the letter box but at mo keep him close to build his confidence!

Yeah the potty training we are both learning I know when he wants to go so Im ready to get him into the kennal which has a tray floor and I full it with paper so he only messes that then I burn it in the pot belly fire its very cold here at mo so good fue

What do you mean crate them, where? I need tips, good friends have leant me this awesome kennel and a book about raising dogs, Im not a noob but there's always things to learn esspecially when it your own and hes only 8 weeks.

He won't pee or poo outside he just looks like Ive out him in the dog box no pun and sulks a bit then wants to go inside and pee, which he does imeadiatley in the pen, Im trying to get him into a routine each hour to visit the pee tree but its new for both of us

Thanx Tom appreciate the coments and any tips!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

He looks great TA! It's good to hear that you went ahead and got him.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    He looks great TA! It's good to hear that you went ahead and got him.
    Chur buddy, yeah was a big decision, thanks for all ya support, I also had some help from some other close freinds, who hooked me up, took me to see the litter and just gave me some good support, I never felt doubt in my own mind, I have to step that up now and this helps! but its hard to gauge yourself sometimes esspecially in my recovery.

This all happened by opportunity, it was in my plan and was thinking about it but had not organised anything, it just fell into my lap, which sometimes is best, he's a real beauty, personality wise, look, stance, attitude, intelligence, cheekiness, I couldn't be happier.

Weve been very busy together, just around the house, and hes been good with the house, but socks, brooms, dusters anything fluffy, are a target!

I'm looking forward to in a few weeks getting him enrolled in puppy classes, see how I go, Ive got to fit swimming in somewhere

Chur

A couple more
    He loves his belly rubbed, best way to stop him in his tracks, quite amazing

Sleeping like a log, he often has his nose right by my face or on it, he likes to be close, and hes been very good hardly wakes me up or disturbs me at all!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Maxxis get that dam bird

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Hey TrailAdvent, everybody at Maxxis/CST wishes you and Maxxis the best. He looks smart and mischevious........ perfect dog! Like our tires keep'em fast, dirty, and full!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast