mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Main pivot bolt 08 DHR

So somehow I managed to sheer off the main pivot bolt on the drive side of my 08 dhr. Will I need to figure out some way to get the broken end out of there or does that part come with the complete rebuild kit from turner? Would that be considered the main pivot shaft because I see that's no longer part of the kit.

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by sodpoodle
    So somehow I managed to sheer off the main pivot bolt on the drive side of my 08 dhr. Will I need to figure out some way to get the broken end out of there or does that part come with the complete rebuild kit from turner? Would that be considered the main pivot shaft because I see that's no longer part of the kit.
    You may be able to get the broken bolt end out of the pivot shaft, but easiest would be to replace it.
    It is the main pivot shaft.
    There is a through bolt kit Turner had for a while that reduced the likelihood of this happening again. Not sure if they are still stocking the kits. The through bolt set up is less clean than the stock bolt set up, but a bit stronger.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the reply. I guess either way it looks like I need to email them since the kit your talking about or the pivot shaft itself is not listed in the store online. Bummer.