El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012

Love the Flux.....hate the RX.......

Hat is a strong word......but I think I've logged in about 10 hrs on my new Flux......but I've probabl˙ spent 50 hours trying to dial in my front Formula RX. I've come to realize that it has a different personality for each day of the week. Today it screamed at be, yesterday it grumbled......I've been holding off getting a front DT for as long as I can.....

Woe is me!!!!!!!!

And btw......happy new year all!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Shimano xt brakes work awesome. 😊
    Just Ride!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    odd thing that they won't perform as brilliantly for you as mine did... Just unlucky i guess. Mine were superb. For a guy who usually runs The Ones, i am hugely impressed with the current Deore brakes though. If the XTs are even better... Well, then Shimano must be on to killer brakes in the Zee/SAint/SLX/XT/XTR brake lines.. As cheap as the Deores are, they certainly doesn't lack any punch - even if they're not very adjustable

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Sounds like your calipers are not aligned well to the rotors. Since you've been riding them like this for some time, you're likely wearing the pads unevenly. Re-align the calipers to the rotors and give then a few rides to wear in the pads properly.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Dang. I was expecting a good Racer X vs Flux discussion. Horst Link vs dw-link and all that.

Just squeaky brakes.Yawn.

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    LOL!!!!!

Well, okay...............

I did get the brakes aligned......they are fine as long as I dont take the front wheel off. Im on a 9mm front......

The bike................Stiff and solid.........and it climbs like no other.

My only issue is that sometimes I feel the bike feels bit cramped; im 5' 10" but i have a 30" in seam. All my prvious bikes have been a med/16-17" so that's why I went with the med Flux. I initially ran a 90mm stem...but currently I'm on a 110 with zero degree rise.

Finally, I have to mention that I feel that the frame as a whole is truly a superbly crafted piece of metal art. I feels really good to have a quality bike from a company that has been around, and is constantly improving.